De Jong

blumoonrises said:
The only chemistry dysfunction is in you... to many class A's. You're waffling on from some mental notebook research thing about the last 2 games, when he's just back from injury...and contradicting yourself in the process.. It's not even worthy of debate, I only bothered to respond cos I was bored.
Then your original response should have been to acknowledge the slow down others saw, and explain it using the fact that he just return from injury, and might need time to get back up to speed. That would have been fair and just. Instead, you insulted those who held the opinion (i think. Might have confused you with someone else), and claimed no such occurred. As for contradicting myself, you'd have to point out where I did that. Perhaps I poorly explained my position. But I can't correct it if you don't point out what 'you think' is the contradiction.

And as for your fantasy, to see Dejong replaced by you...can I be in it..? I'd be happy to be on the opposition for once..
Na. that wasn't a fantasy :P Just an example to help you understand why "you claiming we were slower without him" isn't a counterargument to a claim that he slows us down. That said, I was a decent player in my time, and if you are not professional level good, I doubt you could handle me on a field :P<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm --<br /><br />
blumoonrises said:
Whitterz said:
When De Jong plays, we look much more secure as a unit !!

Anyone who watches every game knows that..! its actually a fact.
And you'd have a hard time finding a post on this thread that claims otherwise.

Dax777 said:
blumoonrises said:
The only chemistry dysfunction is in you... to many class A's. You're waffling on from some mental notebook research thing about the last 2 games, when he's just back from injury...and contradicting yourself in the process.. It's not even worthy of debate, I only bothered to respond cos I was bored.
Then your original response should have been to acknowledge the slow down others saw, and explain it using the fact that he just return from injury, and might need time to get back up to speed. That would have been fair and just. Instead, you insulted those who held the opinion (i think. Might have confused you with someone else), and claimed no such occurred. As for contradicting myself, you'd have to point out where I did that. Perhaps I poorly explained my position. But I can't correct it if you don't point out what 'you think' is the contradiction.

And as for your fantasy, to see Dejong replaced by you...can I be in it..? I'd be happy to be on the opposition for once..
Na. that wasn't a fantasy :P Just an example to help you understand why "you claiming we were slower without him" isn't a counterargument to a claim that he slows us down. That said, I was a decent player in my time, and if you are not professional level good, I doubt you could handle me on a field :P
Ha ha..! I didn't have to handle players.... they had to handle me..

blumoonrises said:
Dax777 said:

Na. that wasn't a fantasy :P Just an example to help you understand why "you claiming we were slower without him" isn't a counterargument to a claim that he slows us down. That said, I was a decent player in my time, and if you are not professional level good, I doubt you could handle me on a field :P
Ha ha..! I didn't have to handle players.... they had to handle me..
I am Kompany solid :)

Sabster said:
MaxMCFC said:
Such a stupid post, have you took note when he has been injured and not in the team? What a fucking difference it makes when hes in the team?
Gives his all, win's countless number of balls back a game, fantastic at intercepting/tackling
First name on the team sheet.. jesus

Apart from he wins less tackles than Barry, makes less interceptions.

Very poor today.

Second game back after injury and you are slating him !!!
Astounding.

Harry Godwin said:
Sabster said:
Apart from he wins less tackles than Barry, makes less interceptions.

Very poor today.

Second game back after injury and you are slating him !!!
Astounding.

He slates him all the time and has done for a long time.

You can make stats say most things you want and maybe he isn't the complete midfielder, but who is these days. The point is he does the job and allows others to play - if they cant - thats not his fault. They need to be in enough space to take the pass, and too often they are not (Silva excepted)Think we all know the positions we need to raise the standards. Nige Vinny Silva and Tevez are those we couldnt do any better in - imho. Sorry if I you think I didnt get your point - but I did. Watch him closer and see that he's already seen where the ball can go forward after his pass.

GerryGowsRusholmeBoy said:
You can make stats say most things you want and maybe he isn't the complete midfielder, but who is these days. The point is he does the job and allows others to play - if they cant - thats not his fault.
Better put, you can conclude anything you want from the stats you see. If it favors your player, you say SEE!!! IF it doesn't, you claim it doesn't show everything.
They need to be in enough space to take the pass, and too often they are not (Silva excepted)Think we all know the positions we need to raise the standards.
Apparently we don't. Koz we all truly disagree.
E
No probs :)
Every position can be improved. However you could be satisfied with what you have at certain positions. For me, I am satisfied with Joe Hart, Micah Richards, Vincent Kompany and David Silva. Others can do with some improvement in their game, or we could find better. I see better everyday on other squads.

I'm not gonna read 18 pages of this - read a couple pages got the gist.

One poster rightly pointed out how good de Jong is with Holland, when he has more creative midfielders to work with. Bang on the money. His job is to win tackles, and give the ball to a blue shirt.

The problem is that in every team he has ever played for, that has been Barry's role as well. So we have two players doing teh exact same thing. Whether you prefer Barry to de Jong or vice versa is almost completely irrelevant. When you ahve two players whose jobs are the exact same, you're not going to have much creativity in the side. Thus, the reason not everyone is 100% convinced of our tactics.

For me, I think we should use de Jong and Yaya in a 2 person center midfield, with barry rotating in for nige and milner rotating in for Yaya. I see yaya/milner and barry/de jong as interchangeable in regards to their roles in the side.

Johnsonontheleft said:
is starting to remind me of Garry Flitcroft. He only ever passes sideways or backwards, and it really slows us down.
Yep he really slowed us down on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.