De Jong's currently 2nd highest paid Dutchman. he wants more

He will sign, we can't let him leave.

People may not think he's worth a lot due to his lack of attacking prowess, but go on rival forums where they complain about not having a NDJ.

He is one of the best DM in the world and hopefully his pay will reflect that.

Bluemoon115 said:
I know this might come as a shock for some of you...

But football isn't the real world. It's in it's own world, has been for a while. Don't like it, get out. Simple as that.

Nige is more than entitled to want parity with his team-mates, especially as he's one of the highest performers in the whole team. The fact that it's "out of this world" money for you and me doesn't mean he's any less entitled to earn more, if it's what his team-mates are earning.
prairiemoon said:
blue dallas said:
Best def mid in the world, pay him accordingly.
"best in the world"??? He is quality and I wouldn't want to see him go, but let's not get carried away
Who do you believe to be better in that position?
First off, I agree he was instrumental in securing CL football for us this season, so yes, a pay raise is in order imo.

I rate Barry above NDJ. Cambiaso, Mascherano, De Rossi, and possibly Tymoshukwould also be on that list.

prairiemoon said:
Bluemoon115 said:

But football isn't the real world. It's in it's own world, has been for a while. Don't like it, get out. Simple as that.

Nige is more than entitled to want parity with his team-mates, especially as he's one of the highest performers in the whole team. The fact that it's "out of this world" money for you and me doesn't mean he's any less entitled to earn more, if it's what his team-mates are earning.
prairiemoon said:
"best in the world"??? He is quality and I wouldn't want to see him go, but let's not get carried away
First off, I agree he was instrumental in securing CL football for us this season, so yes, a pay raise is in order imo.

I rate Barry above NDJ. Cambiaso, Mascherano, De Rossi, and possibly Tymoshukwould also be on that list.
?

prairiemoon said:
Bluemoon115 said:

prairiemoon said:

ha ha ha ha ha !

Let's be honest even if he is many fans fav player he is greedy just like many other players, all want more money.

It’s all about ‘relativities’ - the Trade Unions have been bitching about it for years. he is crucial to how the team plays and he knows it. He also sees much lesser players earning significantly more, so you have to ask yourself - what would you do?

Also, in the UK, he pays 50% tax, whereas if he plied his trade in say, Spain, he’d be paying circa 15%. Very high earners are leaving the UK in droves because of this, so Nige will be looking across the water and realising that his £60k in Spain would equal a take home of £51k, by comparison to £30k here. He may leave because of it and those who underestimate his value to the team would very quickly see the error of their ways via our results.

lee-mcfc said:
Let's be honest even if he is many fans fav player he is greedy just like many other players, all want more money.
Thats how it was always going to be though when we started paying obscene wages to players. Like I say, if De Jongs reported £60k a week is true he must look at some of the higher paid players and think, 'what the fuck man?!'.

prairiemoon said:
Bluemoon115 said:

prairiemoon said:

images

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.