De Rossi (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Shaelumstash said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think it depends on price whether or not he should be disregarded. I would rather look to the future and be a little week in midfield for a year or 2 rather than spend net £35 mill on a stop gap as such. Alonso, Xavi, Pirlo will always be top class regardless of age as they never relied on pace to do what they need to.

And De Rossi is two years younger than Barry, so even if we only got 2 or 3 top years out of him, he could definitely turn us from a very good side to a great one.
Giggs hasn't been good since 1999. Living the rag media myth since then

Why would it be a stop gap? At 29 he's got 5 years at the very top left in him, we've not got many players who've been with us for 5 years. Also makes sense as it gives Rodwell time to develop and learn from the best.

I agree Alonso, Xavi and Pirlo never relied on pace, but you seem to be suggesting De Rossi does? He's brilliant at winning the ball back, but don't underestimate his quality on the ball. His range of passing is similar to Alonso, and although not quite as impressive as Pirlo's, he's not far behind. Completely different player to Xavi so no point comparing.

Scholes hasn't been good for the last 10 years? What are you smoking?! He's only moved in to that deep lying playmaker role in the last 5 years, and has been an absolute revelation there for the Shite.

Giggs has also changed his game since 99, he's not played as a bombarding winger for years, but don't underestimate his quality and intelligence on the ball. He's won about 8 titles since 99, averaging about 30 games a season and being a key player for them, so I've got no idea what you are basing that on!

I really rate Barry, and there are very few players in the world who could easily replace him and improve us straight away. As a like for like swap for Barry, De Rossi is the best player in the world we could sign. Better than Busquests, better than Martinez, better all round than Alonso.

2 things I want to set straight.
1) Scholes was never the same player in any way after he reached 30. Could never be considered in the same light he was. Revelation? He admitted games were passing him by in the year before he retired and that was ignoring the season when games were passing him by the year before.
2)Giggs is a very intelligent player without doubt but the last 3 season especially he has been very poor and united fans will tell you that. Its more sentiment now, as long as he isn't retiring he will get 1 year contracts.

Scholes and Giggs should have both retired at least 3 seasons ago the problem is the rags cant replace them despite zidane coming through the ranks

I completely disagree about Scholes, as do all the rags I know. He came back last year when they were out of form and they won about 8 on the spin, he was taking the piss. The season before at Newcastle away is the best I've ever seen him play, and again, a lot of the rags I know agree.

He has not been the same player he was since he turned 30 because he no longer scored 15 a season bursting in to the box. He has played a lot deeper in his 30s, but it doesn't mean he's been a worse player, far from it. Especially after Keane left, Scholes started dictating games from a deep lying midfield position.

In the last few years he's been found wanting against the really top sides, but against your average Premier League side, Fulham, Newcastle, Sunderland etc, he's been too good for them and runs games against them. He might not do it every week now he's 39, but to say he's been shite for the last 8 or 9 years just beggars belief!

I agree Giggs has probably gone on a season or two too long, but he still has an impact for them. But to say he's been shite since '99 is just absolute bollocks.

Shaelumstash said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Why would it be a stop gap? At 29 he's got 5 years at the very top left in him, we've not got many players who've been with us for 5 years. Also makes sense as it gives Rodwell time to develop and learn from the best.

I agree Alonso, Xavi and Pirlo never relied on pace, but you seem to be suggesting De Rossi does? He's brilliant at winning the ball back, but don't underestimate his quality on the ball. His range of passing is similar to Alonso, and although not quite as impressive as Pirlo's, he's not far behind. Completely different player to Xavi so no point comparing.

Scholes hasn't been good for the last 10 years? What are you smoking?! He's only moved in to that deep lying playmaker role in the last 5 years, and has been an absolute revelation there for the Shite.

Giggs has also changed his game since 99, he's not played as a bombarding winger for years, but don't underestimate his quality and intelligence on the ball. He's won about 8 titles since 99, averaging about 30 games a season and being a key player for them, so I've got no idea what you are basing that on!

I really rate Barry, and there are very few players in the world who could easily replace him and improve us straight away. As a like for like swap for Barry, De Rossi is the best player in the world we could sign. Better than Busquests, better than Martinez, better all round than Alonso.

2 things I want to set straight.
1) Scholes was never the same player in any way after he reached 30. Could never be considered in the same light he was. Revelation? He admitted games were passing him by in the year before he retired and that was ignoring the season when games were passing him by the year before.
2)Giggs is a very intelligent player without doubt but the last 3 season especially he has been very poor and united fans will tell you that. Its more sentiment now, as long as he isn't retiring he will get 1 year contracts.

Scholes and Giggs should have both retired at least 3 seasons ago the problem is the rags cant replace them despite zidane coming through the ranks

I completely disagree about Scholes, as do all the rags I know. He came back last year when they were out of form and they won about 8 on the spin, he was taking the piss. The season before at Newcastle away is the best I've ever seen him play, and again, a lot of the rags I know agree.

He has not been the same player he was since he turned 30 because he no longer scored 15 a season bursting in to the box. He has played a lot deeper in his 30s, but it doesn't mean he's been a worse player, far from it. Especially after Keane left, Scholes started dictating games from a deep lying midfield position.

In the last few years he's been found wanting against the really top sides, but against your average Premier League side, Fulham, Newcastle, Sunderland etc, he's been too good for them and runs games against them. He might not do it every week now he's 39, but to say he's been shite for the last 8 or 9 years just beggars belief!

I agree Giggs has probably gone on a season or two too long, but he still has an impact for them. But to say he's been shite since '99 is just absolute bollocks.

I have already stated that I stand by what I say

15 million pound and its a deal,,,just imagine yaya and de rossi in one side,,,,
Also send Rodwell on Loan so he can gain some form and experience,,

Cityinmyheart said:
15 million pound and its a deal,,,just imagine yaya and de rossi in one side,,,,
Also send Rodwell on Loan so he can gain some form and experience,,

Rodwell to Roma? Lol, tbf I'd rather see Jack learn from DDR.

Uh oh.... now the US media (Fox Soccer Sports) is saying were in for De Rossi and they are willing to sell him as early as January. Shit source seeing as we get our info from y'alls papers but ill take anything

MihaiCity said:
If he was in London then he was there to speak with mancini about a City move....it's seems like Jan will be the month when mancini will see his wish:DDr at City....mancini and txiki will go isco and DDR in Jan...i'm sure

Im going to put it all on the line here and say that you have no clue whatsoever of what the club is doing from day to day

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.