De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt the Giant said:
GXCity said:
Or how about giving Guiddetti the chance as 4th choice striker? I would be happy with that situation as if any of the above came would they be happy sat on the bench and sharing sub appearances with Balo?

Problem is John has ruled out anything but a given starting position. He needs to play games in order to be happy.
Also he still hasn't managed to get rid of that virus.

I wouldn't be surprised if we accepted a decent offer for him.

I for one would be gutted if Guidetti went. I watched him a fair few times for Feyenoord last season and he is absolutely class. He has the strength to cope with the PL and he definitely has the potential to be a world class striker.

Spoke to a few Feyenoord fans about him and they said his only problem is he knows how good he is. Being around a the older players could help level him out and make him a top class player.

Still can't see this happening myself, more's the pity.
Isn't he involved in some kind of child custody battle with his estranged missus in Rome? Would be strange if he packed up and left the country in the middle of all that

That's interesting

Wenger on RVP: 'We regret losing a great player. There was only one club interested at the level we thought acceptable and that was #mufc'

Matt the Giant said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Forzacitizens said:
Would still like to replace Dzeko

With who? Don't say Cavani or Falcao as they will not come to sit on the bench. People need to move on from the idea of having 4 world class strikers, no team in the world has that, because it is not logical.

This.

If we sell Dzeko then I'd be very happy if we relied on our existing strikers and added a winger, attacking midfielder instead. Pedro from Barcelona would be an ideal signing, but very unlikely. Sturridge maybe?

I would also love for use to snatch Giuseppe Rossi from Villarreal. They've been relegated and we would get him at a low price and reasonable wages. He has been injured these past two seasons, but I'm thinking it could be a very rewarding gamble. He'd accept being low in the picking order for a year, until he regained his fitness.

Regarding DDR:
I believe a lot of talks were held back in January, and ming a deal happen now would probably not take a very long time as much should already have been discussed.

Perfect RE:Pedro, the kid could probably play as a striker if needed anyway. Rossi too, played very well against us at COMS.

Dzeko, Johnson, De Jong out

Rodwell, De Rossi, Pedro in

I could live with that :-)<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:23 am --<br /><br />
Forzacitizens said:
That's interesting

Wenger on RVP: 'We regret losing a great player. There was only one club desperate and that was #mufc'

Edit ;-)

woody7figure said:
Matt the Giant said:
GXCity said:
Or how about giving Guiddetti the chance as 4th choice striker? I would be happy with that situation as if any of the above came would they be happy sat on the bench and sharing sub appearances with Balo?

Problem is John has ruled out anything but a given starting position. He needs to play games in order to be happy.

I for one would be gutted if Guidetti went. I watched him a fair few times for Feyenoord last season and he is absolutely class. He has the strength to cope with the PL and he definitely has the potential to be a world class striker.

Spoke to a few Feyenoord fans about him and they said his only problem is he knows how good he is. Being around a the older players could help level him out and make him a top class player.
WRONG! He said he would accept the role of a 4th striker!

nehe11 said:
woody7figure said:
Matt the Giant said:

WRONG! He said he would accept the role of a 4th striker!

That's odd, cause in an interview on Swedish tv he said he would not settle for sitting on the bench this coming season, but maybe his virus problem has made him change his view on the near future). According to his agent, in an interview on the 14th of August, he said John is most likely looking for a loan move (Feyenoord preferably) or to be sold. All options are being considered and a decision will be made before the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.