De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny_on said:
romanista said:
For those saying that Roma 'needs to the money' - this couldn't be further from the truth. Granted, we are not given a blank cheque ala City or PSG, but we are owned 33% by the bank Unicredit, who have total assets amounting to more than €900billion. They are more than happy to, and have done in the past, together with the American consortium who own the other 66%, to re-monetise the club by pumping in €20m here and there if it were to raise the value of the club in the long term, since €20m is a drop in the ocean for them. We've also spent over €120m in transfers in the last year, the 3rd highest expenditure in Europe, behind only PSG and Chelsea.

Could probably do with recouping some of that back then :-)

£30 million do?

Seriously though, welcome to the forum and cheers for clearing that up. Personally, Do you think De Rossi will leave?

Personally, I don't think he will leave after last night, when he was presented to the crowd, along with the new signings, whilst the announcer told the crowd "he has chosen Roma for life" and then De Rossi ran out to stand next to the new signings, as if he is one of them. To me, that is a clear signal.

But, I guess anything is possible at this point, since the rumours haven't died down, and, more importantly, neither the management nor De Rossi have publicly denied that he will leave.

danburge82 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
This is a really pointless thread. Has there been any solid evidence that we are even going to bid for him
None.

Also accroding to the Transfer Forum he's the best defensive midfielder ever(!) and at 29, with no sell-on value, even though we have Yaya, de Jong, Barry, Milner and Rodwell he'd be a great signing at £60m or however much we're going to pay!
FFS hes a completely different player to all those guys, we need a world class player to partner Barry/De Jong etc so we can push Yaya up in a midfield 3 something we cant do at the moment as we have no real quality deep lying playmaker. Plus is Yaya gets injured our midfield is average.

terrychoichelsea said:
A.S. Roma‏@OfficialASRoma

Trigoria: Daniele De Rossi will hold a press conference tomorrow at 15 #asroma

OK, I know footballers love to be centre of attention, but surely if he's staying he doesn't need to hold an official press conference? Sounds like this could be one of those 'it's been a very hard decision, I love the club and the fans but...'

not my fault! said:
Ok, we have heard about this press conference but... Has it been said where that will be? He could well be doing a presser but at Carrington with Mancini sat next to him sporting a huge cheesey grin! Just a thought.

Its held in Trigoria, AS Romas training center, but like i said it's just the press conference every other Roma player already had this summer.

The main point of that press conference is not to talk about moving or staying in Roma but to talk about the preseason and the upcoming season.

Don't know if someone has already posted this (I know there's been speculation).

AS Roma Twitter account

Trigoria: Daniele De Rossi will hold a press conference tomorrow at 15

That CONFIRMS the press conference then.

Yeh i don't understand this at all.

He signed a new contract only a couple of months ago.

Why the need to have a press conference?

BringBackSwales said:
wireblue said:
LongsightM13 said:
Not going to happen. I don't waste any more effort on it, anyone can see it's the Joe Royle at Oldham/Kaka at Milan scenario all over again. 'How could I leave the club I love' etc etc. 'Not motivated by money' etc etc.

If we really want a centre midfielder then Moutinho, Cabaye, Tiote are all gettable for much less money, but the clock is ticking

What effort are you putting into the signing of De Rossi?

is LongsightM13 really Brian Marwood? Fucking hell Longshight you are in for a rough ride in here
No, I'm, the new chief executive. Hola.
Tevez City is Marwood and Vincent,Vincent Kompany is Khaldoon.
Dave The Yid is Sheikh Mansour.

(Meant to say I don't want us to waste time if this isn't a goer, as appears to be the case)

If you saw Roma's friendly last night you would have seen a De Rossi very unlikely to leave. Before the match even began he was presented to the fans with the announcer saying 'He is wanted across the world, he has chosen Roma. Now and forever' and he ran out and applauded the fans. If he was seriously even possibley leaving would he and the club have done this? He would have been as low key as possible. Instead he did this and throughout the whole game he was laughing and smiling. Would he have even played if he was about to leave on a 30 million deal? Yesterday was the actions of a player and a club who had decided to continue together. Roma's players have a day off training today, which is why De Rossi's press conference is on Tuesday after training where he will clarify his future and probable decision to stay.

It needs to be understood that Roma is a club like none other when it comes to their homegrown players. Totti and De Rossi are local lads and two of the few players who choose hometown loyalty over the big money move.

It's also worth remembering De Rossi has a young daughter in Rome. He is sperated from her mother so if he was to leave then she would most likely not be moving to England with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.