De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Raider said:
300 more pages consisting of the stadium announcers quote, the roma managers quote, and a few hundred explanations that all players have their own press conference

And endless posts sagging off the blues that post in the thread.

Neville Kneville said:
Petrovs left peg said:
Pigeonho said:
I wonder what posts will appear if/when De Rossi verbally rejects us? 'No ambition', 'he's a twat', 'didn't want him anyway'.....

Answer: All of the above

2 of the 3 would be fair comment. He would lack ambition & he would be a twat to both us & his own fans for letting it drag on & milking it.

It's only really dragged on on bluemoon.

suppose he signs for us - we'll instantly hear all that 29 year old sciatica victim with no resale value driving de Jong out and stifling Rodwell, Razak etc stuff - better he stays in Rome perhaps

BoyBlue_1985 said:
lost_n_spaced said:
The facts (ok, not facts, but the sutuation as I see it) are these :

Just as with Milan, Roma will use this as an opportunity to mislead their fans (and dimwitted journo's and football fans) into the fact that their profile is as big as ours (as their player rejected City to stay at Roma, so Roma MUST be bigger, right ?)

He will stay at AS Roma, but only because he is a Rome lad, a Roma fan, his dad is the youth team coach and - to be honest - good luck to the lad. I don't reproach him one bit for it, and it#s a quality that more players should show.

All we have to be concerned with is getting the permanent central midfield partner for Yaya (hopefully someone of Martinez's calibre), a very good central defender (to challenge the current two, not just to act as back-up), and some cover (although not necessarily the same amount of players) for the AJ, NDJ, Dzeko, Kolarov shaped hole (should they leave).

Hopefully this is what Marwood, Khaldoon & Soriano are currently working on.
Apart from Soriano doesn't start until September 1st but otherwise im sure they are

Doesn't officially start until then but a tad naive to not think that he's already hard at work, he was there on Sunday wearing same clobber as Khaldoon.

Wouldn't surprise me to find that he doesn't start until then so that he can't shoulder any blame for our failings in this transfer window.....

If, as expected, he does'nt sign who gets to shoulder the blame?. Is it the club as a whole, Marwood,Bobby, Sheik Mansour who?. Having failed to land any of our known targets. There must be something wrong with the transfer strategy at the club, unless it comes down to the fact that FFPR has really taken effect and the club are being overly cautious with this in mind. Having said that, surely Bobby would have been aware of the funds available to him before he signed his new contract,unless of course he was'nt given the correct info at the time. I very much doubt that when he discussed the players he wanted to bring in that the likes of Rodwell and Sinclair were at the top of his list. I know that we don't have a god given right to sign all of our targets, but i just find it very strange that we may not sign any.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
lost_n_spaced said:
The facts (ok, not facts, but the sutuation as I see it) are these :

Just as with Milan, Roma will use this as an opportunity to mislead their fans (and dimwitted journo's and football fans) into the fact that their profile is as big as ours (as their player rejected City to stay at Roma, so Roma MUST be bigger, right ?)

He will stay at AS Roma, but only because he is a Rome lad, a Roma fan, his dad is the youth team coach and - to be honest - good luck to the lad. I don't reproach him one bit for it, and it#s a quality that more players should show.

All we have to be concerned with is getting the permanent central midfield partner for Yaya (hopefully someone of Martinez's calibre), a very good central defender (to challenge the current two, not just to act as back-up), and some cover (although not necessarily the same amount of players) for the AJ, NDJ, Dzeko, Kolarov shaped hole (should they leave).

Hopefully this is what Marwood, Khaldoon & Soriano are currently working on.
Apart from Soriano doesn't start until September 1st but otherwise im sure they are

I'm pretty sure that Soriano is lending any weight that he can to current negotiations even if he doesnt OFFICIALLY start until 1st September. Especially given that we may still have our oar in for Martinez and Llorente is due to speak to a Mancunian club.

Have we finished being pedantic ?

I notice SSN are mentioning a bit about DDR this morning, quoting Telegraph in saying we are in for him, just in time for him shunning us today!

Hydemcfc said:
If, as expected, he does'nt sign who gets to shoulder the blame?. Is it the club as a whole, Marwood,Bobby, Sheik Mansour who?. Having failed to land any of our known targets. There must be something wrong with the transfer strategy at the club, unless it comes down to the fact that FFPR has really taken effect and the club are being overly cautious with this in mind. Having said that, surely Bobby would have been aware of the funds available to him before he signed his new contract,unless of course he was'nt given the correct info at the time. I very much doubt that when he discussed the players he wanted to bring in that the likes of Rodwell and Sinclair were at the top of his list. I know that we don't have a god given right to sign all of our targets, but i just find it very strange that we may not sign any.

Perhaps non are available at a price we are willing to pay fee wages agents etc. or some players just might want to stay where they are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.