De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO this is an impossible signing. We had a small chance when he was hesitating on signing his new Roma deal. I hope to be proved wrong though.

I know this is daily star but it reports that we are almost done with the signing of De Rossi.....If it happens than it will be worth the wait

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/264337/Roberto-Mancini-rant-at-Manchester-City-board-set-to-land-him-Daniele-De-Rossi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... -De-Rossi/</a>

ROBERTO MANCINI’S rant at the Manchester City board looks set to land him his dream player, Daniele De Rossi.

Mancini had been desperate to sign the Roma playmaker last summer and in the January transfer window.

But the money men at City refused to sanction the deal and De Rossi signed a new contract with the Serie A side in February, which ties him to the club until 2017.

Frustrated at a lack of signings this summer, Mancini has been pestering football director Brian Marwood to back his move for the 28-year-old. Mancini now seems to have got his way with City ready to pay just under £24m for Di Rossi.

The Roma vice-captain has been capped 78 times by Italy and proved his versatility by playing at centre-half against Spain and Croatia during the group games of Euro 2012, where the Azzurri went on to reach the final before losing 4-0 to Spain.

Mancini has made no secret of his admiration for his fellow Italian. In January he said: “De Rossi is a champion and would be the perfect man to improve City.”

He has also been forthright about his frustation at the lack of signings for the champions, while title rivals Manchester United, Chelsea and even Arsenal have been busy in the transfer market.

City’s board appear reluctant to sanction the sort of bid which would prise Robin van Persie from Arsenal. The Gunners want £30m, but an offer of £20m is thought to be enough to end the saga.

Asked about the absence of any signings, Mancini said: “For this question, speak to the man in charge. I am not in charge of this. It is important to sign players early because, after what we did last year, it is important we continue to win.”

The Italian has been ordered to slash his wage bill and offload some of his strikers before he can launch an all-out attempt to land the Dutchman.

City beat Arsenal 2-0 in Beijing yesterday thanks to goals from Pablo Zabaletta and Yaya Toure.

But Ivorian Toure is still planning to play in the African Nations Cup again in January.

City’s form tailed off when the midfield powerhouse was away for six weeks in the middle of last season helping Ivory Coast reach the final.

The tournament, normally on a two-year cycle, is being staged again in January to avoid it falling in years when the World Cup and European Championships are staged.

There were suggestions that 29-year-old Toure would quit international football after Ivory Coast’s shock defeat in a penalty shoot-out to Zambia in February.

But now he has confirmed that he and elder brother Kolo, 31, have unfinished business with their country.

He said: “Me and my Kolo have spent a long time playing for the national team and we haven’t won anything yet.

“International success is something I want to achieve. I am a winner and I want to win everything possible. I haven’t done enough for my country.

“Sometimes it doesn’t happen for you but after our country’s defeat to Zambia in February we have even more motivation.”
Also On Daily Star

Not sure about Daily Star, all this while Tolmie hasn't mentioned a word about De Rossi. It's always RVP, RVP, RVP.

Young said:
Not sure about Daily Star, all this while Tolmie hasn't mentioned a word about De Rossi. It's always RVP, RVP, RVP.

That's because we're not buying de rossi. Tolmie has said to forget any suggestions about him.

De Rossi is 29.

christen at St Marks said:
ROBERTO MANCINI’S rant at the Manchester City board looks set to land him his dream player, Daniele De Rossi.

Mancini had been desperate to sign the Roma playmaker last summer and in the January transfer window.

But the money men at City refused to sanction the deal and De Rossi signed a new contract with the Serie A side in February, which ties him to the club until 2017.

Frustrated at a lack of signings this summer, Mancini has been pestering football director Brian Marwood to back his move for the 28-year-old. Mancini now seems to have got his way with City ready to pay just under £24m for Di Rossi.

The Roma vice-captain has been capped 78 times by Italy and proved his versatility by playing at centre-half against Spain and Croatia during the group games of Euro 2012, where the Azzurri went on to reach the final before losing 4-0 to Spain.

Mancini has made no secret of his admiration for his fellow Italian. In January he said: “De Rossi is a champion and would be the perfect man to improve City.”

He has also been forthright about his frustation at the lack of signings for the champions, while title rivals Manchester United, Chelsea and even Arsenal have been busy in the transfer market.

City’s board appear reluctant to sanction the sort of bid which would prise Robin van Persie from Arsenal. The Gunners want £30m, but an offer of £20m is thought to be enough to end the saga.

Asked about the absence of any signings, Mancini said: “For this question, speak to the man in charge. I am not in charge of this. It is important to sign players early because, after what we did last year, it is important we continue to win.”

The Italian has been ordered to slash his wage bill and offload some of his strikers before he can launch an all-out attempt to land the Dutchman.

City beat Arsenal 2-0 in Beijing yesterday thanks to goals from Pablo Zabaletta and Yaya Toure.

But Ivorian Toure is still planning to play in the African Nations Cup again in January.

City’s form tailed off when the midfield powerhouse was away for six weeks in the middle of last season helping Ivory Coast reach the final.

The tournament, normally on a two-year cycle, is being staged again in January to avoid it falling in years when the World Cup and European Championships are staged.

There were suggestions that 29-year-old Toure would quit international football after Ivory Coast’s shock defeat in a penalty shoot-out to Zambia in February.

But now he has confirmed that he and elder brother Kolo, 31, have unfinished business with their country.

He said: “Me and my Kolo have spent a long time playing for the national team and we haven’t won anything yet.

“International success is something I want to achieve. I am a winner and I want to win everything possible. I haven’t done enough for my country.

“Sometimes it doesn’t happen for you but after our country’s defeat to Zambia in February we have even more motivation.”
Also On Daily Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.