De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
De Rossi is twice the player Barry is, Barry was good last season, he's 31 and has an injury so his City career could be coming to an end after next season. Toure is at the ACOF so De Rossi would be a quality signing, Africans and Italians seem to have longer careers than most others.

And a huge number of Italians seem to peak after 30 for some reason. Di Natale is a good example, only started getting regular caps for the Azzurri when he was 30ish and suddenly became a goal machine for Udinese. This is strange as City fitness coach Ivan Carminati reckons Serie A is leagues behind England in sports science (I think Milan is an exception, look at how they prolonged Maldini's career) yet many Italians seem to have long careers without slowing down too much.

rossi will be a 'marquee' signing , will complete our midfield , win us the league again , win us the champions league , win us the fifa club world cup after that , also the uefa cup so you know how important he is

£25m should do it

waspish said:
We not signing him

I agree with this. He's a top player who would improve any squad, but it seems highly unlikely that he'll leave Roma, particularly having just signed a new contract. I realise that people can say that he did this so Roma woud earn good money from a transfer fee, but really he didn't owe them anything as he'd been there all his career. If he really wanted to leave, he would've left last summer or at least in January in my opinion.

LoveCity said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
De Rossi is twice the player Barry is, Barry was good last season, he's 31 and has an injury so his City career could be coming to an end after next season. Toure is at the ACOF so De Rossi would be a quality signing, Africans and Italians seem to have longer careers than most others.

And a huge number of Italians seem to peak after 30 for some reason. Di Natale is a good example, only started getting regular caps for the Azzurri when he was 30ish and suddenly became a goal machine for Udinese. This is strange as City fitness coach Ivan Carminati reckons Serie A is leagues behind England in sports science (I think Milan is an exception, look at how they prolonged Maldini's career) yet many Italians seem to have long careers without slowing down too much.
The game is considerably slower in Italy. ANd thus, technique and tactics play a larger role. And these are qualities that get better with age. While Speed and athletism (i.e. the basis of English soccer) gets worse with age. SO it makes sense that Italians have longer careers. Or at least so I think.

Dax777 said:
LoveCity said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:

The game is considerably slower in Italy. ANd thus, technique and tactics play a larger role. And these are qualities that get better with age. While Speed and athletism (i.e. the basis of English soccer) gets worse with age. SO it makes sense that Italians have longer careers. Or at least so I think.

I agree, although Pirlo killed the Euro's(england). I would love De Rossi in a city shirt.

Mister Appointment said:
waspish said:
We not signing him

I agree with this. He's a top player who would improve any squad, but it seems highly unlikely that he'll leave Roma, particularly having just signed a new contract. I realise that people can say that he did this so Roma woud earn good money from a transfer fee, but really he didn't owe them anything as he'd been there all his career. If he really wanted to leave, he would've left last summer or at least in January in my opinion.

You don't think he would want to help his club by getting a larger transfer fee? His father is in the administration, I'd be shocked if the club wouldn't renew his contract even if they did know he was leaving. De Rossi would do anything he could do help the club if he was to depart.

And the biggest reason for optimism from my point of view is Roma's activity in the transfer window. They've brought in a number of central and defensive midfielders already, and have yet to offload much from the positions. I don't follow the team closely, but it looks to me like they are preparing to move one of their current CM.

Also, people bring up De Rossi's loyalty to Roma, but he has repeatedly made statements about a desire to play in the Premier League. I know he'd be my dream signing, but I don't think I'm being bias when I say he could end up at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.