De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
dejong is quality people on here seem to think hes average, would like to see dejong in midfield playing just infront of the defense which allows yaya to push forward, and we have barry in my opinion we dont need de rossi .

city are back said:
dejong is quality people on here seem to think hes average, would like to see dejong in midfield playing just infront of the defense which allows yaya to push forward, and we have barry in my opinion we dont need de rossi .

i like barry, but he is not getting any younger

city are back said:

I think every single Man City fan "likes" De Jong. He seems like a really good chap, very good at what he does... but our sqaud has no longer a need for such a limited player. De Rossi can do what Nigel does plus so much more, making him more suitable for our squad.

Nigel is great, but Daniele is even greater.

De Rossi is better than both Barry and De Jong by quite a distance. A top midfielder like this could be the difference between another Champions League group stage exit and going to the final stages. But the Daily Star is just rehashing the Italian reports so I'm still doubtful this will happen. :/

De jong is a great individual and a very good player at what he does. However like many on here I agree he is very limited and someone like De Rossi would offer us so much more than both de jong and Barry.

To be honest the prospect of Yaya and De rossi in midfield together is a mouthwatering prospect.

De Rossi would be a great signing though I'd be surprised if Roma want to sell, let alone De Rossi wanting to leave to another country. I think he'd really compliment our midfield and if the De Jong leaving rumours are true I can think of no better upgrade.

blue wang said:
city are back said:

i like barry, but he is not getting any younger

Neither is De Rossi. £24m is a lot to pay to get a player only 2 years younger, especially with FFPR biting.

Aye, even if we signed De Rossi we'd have to consider the future as De Rossi, Yaya, and Barry are all 29+. But it'd give Razak and possibly Abu time to develop and if Biton progresses he could be quite a player. If we got Martinez too (doubtful) he could initially play at the back and eventually move back into midfield.

De Rossi is twice the player Barry is, Barry was good last season, he's 31 and has an injury so his City career could be coming to an end after next season. Toure is at the ACOF so De Rossi would be a quality signing, Africans and Italians seem to have longer careers than most others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.