De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTIDANDREW said:
LoveCity said:
FFS Marwood, run to Rome, the message is clear.

tumblr_m8b8v4EqVc1qimysn.jpg

Got to agree. If we dont get De Rossi and Agger now after what the heads of their respected clubs have said then its obvious were scared shitless by FFP.

I can see season cards taking a steep rise as a consequence of this then.

We can't have the world's best players and not be seen to be making a profit, so the money is going to have to come from somewhere.

Personally, I wouldn't be too disheartened if prices did go up after next season because we have and will be treated to another amazing season of football.

Roma director Walter Sabatini shot down Manchester City’s hopes. “Daniele De Rossi is worth more than €100m.”

The reports swirled around this morning that the Giallorossi were prepared to listen to a £23m offer from Roberto Mancini’s club.

However, in today’s Press conference Sabatini clarified his position.

“I said that, but I didn’t say De Rossi was for sale,” assured the director of sport.

“De Rossi is a leader for us and therefore we never considered selling De Rossi, naturally.

“I merely pointed out that in all of football, not just De Rossi or our particular situation, when a crazy offer comes in then we will listen and evaluate.

“But we are not looking for anyone to buy De Rossi, because he is extraordinarily important for us, a player who is irreplaceable and so it would be difficult to even look at an ‘indecent proposal.’”

Sabatini was specifically asked where the crazy offer would be on the scale considering Fiorentina stated Stevan Jovetic is worth at least €30m and Napoli claimed Edinson Cavani was worth at least €100m.

“The figure for De Rossi is higher than these you just named. Thank you.”

Too bad. I would take him for 50 mil instantly.

As has been mentioned, what he thinks he is worth is irrelevant. If the club can't turn down a 25m offer then it can't turn it down, and if DDR is the only one the offer is for then he's the one getting sold!

I've learned not to get my hopes up involving this saga.

I don't think Roma are willing to sell, despite those quotes this week. Sadly, I don't think he'll be a City player.

However, he's the best signing we could make this summer. I would absolutely love to see him here. I really wish we could sign him, he would definitely take us to the next level. Never say never..but I wouldn't count on it.

adrianr said:
As has been mentioned, what he thinks he is worth is irrelevant. If the club can't turn down a 25m offer then it can't turn it down, and if DDR is the only one the offer is for then he's the one getting sold!

But Roma have used more than 70 mil in the past two summers for buying players. With new owners i don't think they are having any problems with money.

yellamcfc said:
CTIDANDREW said:
LoveCity said:
FFS Marwood, run to Rome, the message is clear.

tumblr_m8b8v4EqVc1qimysn.jpg

Got to agree. If we dont get De Rossi and Agger now after what the heads of their respected clubs have said then its obvious were scared shitless by FFP.

I can see season cards taking a steep rise as a consequence of this then.

We can't have the world's best players and not be seen to be making a profit, so the money is going to have to come from somewhere.

Personally, I wouldn't be too disheartened if prices did go up after next season because we have and will be treated to another amazing season of football.

The season ticket cost probably dont even pay the clubs leccy bill for the year let alone the players wages. Unless season tickets are sold for £50,000 a piece the impact will be minimal

cityyy said:
adrianr said:

But Roma have used more than 70 mil in the past two summers for buying players. With new owners i don't think they are having any problems with money.

I'm unaware of Romas current financial situation, the above hypothetical was drawn from our resident Italians thoughts regarding the shaky economics of Italian football. IE, if someone comes along with a buttload of cash, they've pretty much got to take it. Perhaps there spending in the past couple of windows is what's lead to this?

adrianr said:
cityyy said:
adrianr said:

I'm unaware of Romas current financial situation, the above hypothetical was drawn from our resident Italians thoughts regarding the shaky economics of Italian football. IE, if someone comes along with a buttload of cash, they've pretty much got to take it. Perhaps there spending in the past couple of windows is what's lead to this?

They are skint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.