Dead man walking

GStar said:
scottyteemcfc1988 said:
sooner they sack him the better were getting called a boring team how can we be boring when we got a good few creative stars.

sick of formations with 1 out and out striker aswell
Barca, Arsenal, Chelsea, Inter, there's plenty more... Four of the best teams in the world, all play one up front.

I think you only need one out and put striker now a days. We need to work harder as a team and get the basics right. And have a formation that is symmetrical would be nice!
the difference is its only our strikers who seem to score very very few goals from midfield because we seem to always have at least 7 men behind the ball

BlueMooner87 said:
GStar said:
Barca, Arsenal, Chelsea, Inter, there's plenty more... Four of the best teams in the world, all play one up front.

I think you only need one out and put striker now a days. We need to work harder as a team and get the basics right. And have a formation that is symmetrical would be nice!
the difference is its only our strikers who seem to score very very few goals from midfield because we seem to always have at least 7 men behind the ball
We had enough chances today. But the point about midfielders getting up into support of the strikers is a good one

If Tevez is not in the box, no one else is, and Yaya Toure, the attacking midfielder doesn't get there enough, whilst Milner is the man to do it, and he's on the wing

SWP's back said:
Losblue said:
Seems every other games a must win.Doesn't that tell you something.
Wank fans?

Genuine question - were you there today?

Many international posters on BM who weren't there today or recently can't understand why there are some moans about the performance when our league position is great compared to when we were in the third division etc.

I think the issue is about playing to our potential which, for many of us, is even greater than we have seen in the results to date and therefore we are not doing ourselves justice. Because of the tactics. Therefore it's frustrating but not a crisis or cause for sacking.

Just a cause for a whinge, some concern perhaps and debate when many of us felt we should have won comfortably today. Not because we had a right to. But because we could see that with a more positive approach we would most likely have scored the goals we needed to win the game.

Confucius he say that football fans have always bantered thus anyhow ;-)

Newlunar said:
I was listening to BBC Manc on the way home and although I didn't spot it myself someone called in and said Tevez signalled to the bench that he needed to be subbed.
Platt (I know I know he's persona non gratis among our oh so knowledgeable support) stated that Carlos is carrying an injury which they didn't want to aggravate.

On top of all that Mancini has had to fly to Italy because his dad's taken a turn for the worse which might just be something of a distraction.

Poor result yes. Disappointing performance yes, but if we'd scored at any point one goal would have been enough and this place would be the usual garden of roses after a win.

Birmingham had every single player back for a City corner in the 1st half, they didn't even risk leaving a lone striker up. I bet their dopey fans aren't moaning though.

Stop calling for change all the time you clowns.
Amen

he needs at least a season fella's come on..if we get champs league, the the plans is successful..right?

to much emphasis on winning right now, we are in a strong position, lets keep it that way..please!

The most concerning thing of all is that we have only taken 2 points from Blackburn, Wolves and Birmingham. That to me suggests a total lack of motivation from the side. Now some will blame the players, and I will agree that the players have to take some responsibility, but a major part of a manager's role is to inspire and motivate his charges. This above all else is where Mancini is failing in my opinion. The really good sides don't drop 7 points to relegation contenders, particularly when 2 of the games are home fixtures

He explained why Tevez was taken off, he has a slight thigh injury and couldn't last the whole 90 minutes.

The Cranium said:
The most concerning thing of all is that we have only taken 2 points from Blackburn, Wolves and Birmingham. That to me suggests a total lack of motivation from the side. Now some will blame the players, and I will agree that the players have to take some responsibility, but a major part of a manager's role is to inspire and motivate his charges. This above all else is where Mancini is failing in my opinion. The really good sides don't drop 7 points to relegation contenders, particularly when 2 of the games are home fixtures
they do every season. And we are a side in progress, not the finished article

In the Summer we bought all the players, but wondered how long it would take to come together. Now you wont allow players like Silva, Kolarov, Boateng, Balotelli etc time to pick up their game

give our current squad to, Ancelotti, Fergie, Wenger or Rednapp and we would be challenging for the title. Theres not many managers in the prem that wouldn't be capable of getting a squad of our quality easily into the top 4. Mancini's got us there just, but is gonna struggle like fuck to keep us there. gonna be a long boring season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.