Dead man walking

BlueMooner87 said:
GStar said:
Barca, Arsenal, Chelsea, Inter, there's plenty more... Four of the best teams in the world, all play one up front.

I think you only need one out and put striker now a days. We need to work harder as a team and get the basics right. And have a formation that is symmetrical would be nice!
the difference is its only our strikers who seem to score very very few goals from midfield because we seem to always have at least 7 men behind the ball

I think its interesting that we can't agree as fans to what formation we're playing.

Is it 433, 4231, 41311?

I didn't Yaya was CAM today, i thought it looked more of a 4231 with Silva floating behind Tevez. But even then, i don't think we have a symetrical formation... Tevez constantly drops off or out wide, Silva is often found off to the left, Johnson was begining from an almost wing back position and Milner worked his bollocks off but didn't really bring anything to his wide position.

We also don't seem to have a strategy to our play... whilst the best teams seem to do things by second nature, we don't really look like we've been told how to approach each game and instead rely on individual moments of brilliance and the fact we have so much talent in our squad, the opposition are bound to make a mistake at somepoint and we'll capitalise.

Its worrying really.

Also, watching MoTD tonight really showed me how much of a non entity we have become entertainment wise.

Dead man walking is a bit much, but even the most reasonable of us are starting to have our doubts, and once he loses the majority there'll be no way back.

That said, barring a full scale player mutiny he has to be given until the end of the season. If changes are made they'll be made during the summer, I don't care how much discontent develops, any managerial changes made during the season would have a seriously detrimental effect upon our season, it would be nothing short of a disaster.

We all have our doubts, but in hindsight it's all too easy to be critical, and ultimately it isn't constructive.

Today was a disappointment, but equally disappointing was the air of hostility right from the kick off. Pathetic really, 'entertain us or else', that's what really fucked me off if I'm perfectly honest.

We need to back Mancini and the players otherwise we're no better than the tabloid hacks, and some 'blues' need to take a look at themselves.

I will get laughed at here but Tottenham had the same problem last season with Redknapp's tatics last seaon. It is never a smooth ride to the Champions League. Ok we are not free flowing but what we are very good at is being very solid.

Right, I hardly ever post because I'm a lurking old so and so. I haven't wanted a manager out since Stuart Pearce and as much as I've dissagreed with other managers I've always liked them and wanted them to succeed, and the same goes for Mancini; I think he's mint. But he's making it harder and harder with every boring game that goes by. I'd be more than happy with a 4th finish but I'm beginning to think that my nan could do that with our squad, but with more oohs and more aahs! I really hope there's something else in the tank over the next few games and I hope Mancini is the one to deliver them, but if not then I'm probably going to become a bit more bored than I am now. I hope not though.
:+(

I bet the players are actually glad when they have to play away games because at the moment ''home support'' does not actually exist at CoMS. Surely no player enjoys playing infront of a crowd that can't wait to moan and groan at the earliest opportunity. Their big wages doesn't make them any less human. Good job our next two games are away where boos are actually expected from the other team's fans.

yaya is not an attacking midfielder no matter where you play him....

he is box to box at best

Another day we would have easily scored 3. Tevez would be allowed his rightful goal. Milner would beat Carr after beating the keeper. Tevez would control Kolarov's pass that put him one on one with the keeper instead of poking it out. Mancini would be hailed as an attacking mastermind. 21 goal attempts, 60% possession and clear opportunities and we did everything besides putting them away. But reading what’s on here, I probably watched another game so never mind...

Geoffo34 said:
Right, I hardly ever post because I'm a lurking old so and so. I haven't wanted a manager out since Stuart Pearce and as much as I've dissagreed with other managers I've always liked them and wanted them to succeed, and the same goes for Mancini; I think he's mint. But he's making it harder and harder with every boring game that goes by. I'd be more than happy with a 4th finish but I'm beginning to think that my nan could do that with our squad, but with more oohs and more aahs! I really hope there's something else in the tank over the next few games and I hope Mancini is the one to deliver them, but if not then I'm probably going to become a bit more bored than I am now. I hope not though.
:+(
Excellent post, sums up my feelings as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.