Dead Man's Shoes

Bellyeye said:
LongsightM13 said:
I've known Paddy for a few years, one of the soundest and most humble guys you will ever meet. Hates the idea of being famous, I think he will do more writing and directing than acting in the next few years.
Thats good to hear but I cant help thinking he'll be missed on the big screen. His performance in this and maybe even moreso in the brilliant 'A room for Romeo Brass' put him right at the top as for as actors go
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVe3qH45-Jk&feature=related[/youtube]
I don't think he's giving acting up altogether, mate, but I think he'll be a bit more choosy about the stuff he does.
I know he has been working on a script called Journeyman about a small hall boxer trying to come to terms with killing another fighter in the ring. It's a development of a monologue piece him and Shane did ages ago.
He and Shane have also been working for years on a script for King of the Gypsies, a biopic of the former bare knuckle champion Bartley Gorman, who was an old friend of Shane's family in Uttoxeter. But they reckon the time might have passed now, what with gypsies being 'trendy' and all over the TV, they don't like the idea of being seen to be cashing in.

LongsightM13 said:
Bellyeye said:
LongsightM13 said:
I've known Paddy for a few years, one of the soundest and most humble guys you will ever meet. Hates the idea of being famous, I think he will do more writing and directing than acting in the next few years.
Thats good to hear but I cant help thinking he'll be missed on the big screen. His performance in this and maybe even moreso in the brilliant 'A room for Romeo Brass' put him right at the top as for as actors go
I don't think he's giving acting up altogether, mate, but I think he'll be a bit more choosy about the stuff he does.
I know he has been working on a script called Journeyman about a small hall boxer trying to come to terms with killing another fighter in the ring. It's a development of a monologue piece him and Shane did ages ago.
He and Shane have also been working for years on a script for King of the Gypsies, a biopic of the former bare knuckle champion Bartley Gorman, who was an old friend of Shane's family in Uttoxeter. But they reckon the time might have passed now, what with gypsies being 'trendy' and all over the TV, they don't like the idea of being seen to be cashing in.

Hope he's ok with you telling everyone that lol

LongsightM13 said:
Bellyeye said:
LongsightM13 said:

Aahh right. Makes sense to me as I have to say a couple of the american movies I've seen him in relatively recently didnt quite cut it for me.
I saw the documentary about the prize fighter that he might be doing the script on. From what I can gather he used the prize fighters accent as the basis for the accent he used in the romeo brass movie. You can really tell by listening to the prizefighter talk.
Top stuff

M22 Blue said:
LongsightM13 said:
Bellyeye said:

Hope he's ok with you telling everyone that lol
Yeah, they don't mind, they always have about four of five things on the go at once because it's so hard to get the funding to actually get anything to screen. They don't mind a bit of 'advance buzz' growing if it helps to bring the investment in, so they're generally fairly chatty about what they're up to on the odd occasion I see either of them.

has anyone seen tyrannosaurus which was directed by considine? thought gary stretch acted well in DMS also. great film and him and shane meadows seem to compliment each other. films always have great soundtracks too

Haha Mr. Stretch hey, Sintellins' finest.He threatened to "blow my knee caps off" when i was about 14, we had it with next doors school and he come out of this car show place where he worked when he was about 20ish and threatened me, just because we was nailin' his old school and in particular his nepehew or somert was being the big man with me but......
My claim to fame hehe.

Lookin' forward to the film though, sounds good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.