Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please...no offense taken! And, I went back and (think) took take of my overstep.

As for me, I had a short professional playing career as I had other, better paying opportunities to undertake. However, I enjoyed my time. I grew up with a pro Dad and saw every side of the business (and it has ALWAYS been a business!), from good to bad! Therefore, while I played with the same football passion as everyone else, I also saw that, for most, it was at best a labor of love that kicked you out in your early 30s (if you were lucky) and with almost nothing to fall back on...as I learned from my Dad’s experience and we’ve seen from more than one City “Star.”

My football (for fun by that time) actually ended around age 30, when I badly tore my right quad. Surgeons discussed the tear, the chances of playing competitively again, etc, etc... and I knew it was over. Since then, I have played about 15 mins of “competitive” football and made an arse of myself. Helped put any wistful musings to bed and I moved on.

When I was 16, I turned down a pro contract at Leeds to stay in school, do my A levels, and get a place at Uni, because I didn’t want to end up on the scrap heap the minute I got a bad injury, etc. That decision put me on a path that changed my life for the better.

Now, I have a good career and many happy memories of those “good old days,” whilst also being able to take good care of my family and put a few quid away for later.

So, it’s all good here. Hope you are, too, and absolutely no offense taken.

Be well.

I’ll take the noose down from me Garrarge .. thought I was winding up David white me boyhood hero when I just caught up.. (id apologised b4 seeing the DW post btw ) enjoy the season blue ..

He will get the best care money can buy and will hopefully return to full fitness in the near future. He has the potential of a long and illustrious career ahead of him and I hope it can be as a City player.

We will take good care of him, as he is a City player. The rest will take care of itself.

That said, he is going to have some downtime post-surgery and before he can start working again, so It will be interesting to see if he spends that in Germany or Manchester.

I’ll take the noose down from me Garrarge .. thought I was winding up David white me boyhood hero when I just caught up.. (id apologised b4 seeing the DW post btw ) enjoy the season blue ..
Haha! Sorry to disappoint!

Either way, no nooses allowed!!

Enjoy your new lease on life this season! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.