Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've contradicted nothing, just because one factor exists doesn't mean others don't.

I've never once said or implied we won't be able to sign players whatever we do with Sane, not once. I have said letting him go without any hard feelings/punishments (once we agree an acceptable fee) will retain our class and decorum which will be yet another positive factor in attracting players. All my posts, every single one has been about the positive impact treating players with respect brings because it establishes a bond (e.g. Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Zabaleta) and makes us such a special club. If you can find anything, a single post deviating from that stance, please do post it and I'll apologise in full.

To punish Sane (or any player for that matter) for wanting to leave whatever the reasoning behind it, is just stupid and undermines everything we do as a club to make it so special

that is the punishment which I disagree with until such time we have definitive proof of him agreeing a deal with Bayern Munich behind our back. At this stage we have no reason to believe Sane will not fulfil the remainder of his contract, he's not publically said he wants to leave and he's not refused to play for the club.

You've said you will agree with punishment if it's proven Leroy spoke with Bayern, while saying punishing him undermines the club and everything we do to make it special.
Punishment is a very strange term to use in this context. He will get handsomely rewarded at both ends of the deal. And at the end he'll end up at the club he wants to be at.

You've agreed you think he doesn't want to be here on numerous occasions. How can he be involved in the first team if you think he doesn't want to be here?

as English is not my mother tongue I am not sure if the word „rigged“ is offensive language, my dictionary translated it with manipulated.
Your club is currently facing a ban by the UEFA exactly for manipulation. So you all act like this is Fake News or you don’t care? Or can you not take the truth on that matter?
I intentionally put a „maybe“ in my statement leaving the option that the decision could be overruled but as for now, it stands that ManCity is in trouble for financial structures within the club.
I believe my club to be completely innocent of any wrongdoing. Your club on the other hand routinely taps players up, in public, with no shame. If any club is rigged I'd say it's the ones blatantly illegally tapping up players. The "truth" you speak of is illegally obtained leaks by a magazine from which country? Look at home before coming on here making accusations.

Oh no! You're one of those guys who thinks the English FA tapping up rules apply to international transfers! I suggest you read FIFA's regulations.
Cheers:
Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

Often a club wishing to buy a player from another club will contact the player directly to try and persuade him to join them should a bidding war for that player ensue. Also, if the club wishing to sign the player feels his current club would be unwilling to sell, they may contact the player to unsettle him at his current club and thus persuade him to hand in a transfer request.

I believe Bayern has been tapping up Sane. That's my opinion

Who do you support then, bayern ?

Sane is under contract with City, and being well paid by them so he shouldn't be talking to anyone else.
Wow, you assume I'm not a Man City fan just because I don't share the fairytale that Bayern are breaking some rule? As I said, the English FA tapping up rules do not apply for an international transfer. Had it been Liverpool instead, it'd be tapping up, but since Bayern aren't an English club they (almost definitely) haven't broken any rule.

You're free to call it unethical, my friend, but it certainly isn't illegal.

Last edited:
Cheers:
Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

Often a club wishing to buy a player from another club will contact the player directly to try and persuade him to join them should a bidding war for that player ensue. Also, if the club wishing to sign the player feels his current club would be unwilling to sell, they may contact the player to unsettle him at his current club and thus persuade him to hand in a transfer request.

The FIFA rules:

EXwcf-lWsAE3kAE

You don't even need to get permission, just let the holding club know and proceed, as long as you don't sign the final contract.

If instead this was a transfer between 2 English clubs, then there's further English FA regulations over and above the FIFA rules that would prohibit such behaviour.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Cheers:

We have heard a few stories of Pep and Txiki talking to some of the targets we’ve signed, sure ZZKDB mentioned it, Aouar being the latest apparently. It’s common practice speak to the player and agent to see if they are interested before making offers. No point at all getting sanctimonious about it happening to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.