Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have heard a few stories of Pep and Txiki talking to some of the targets we’ve signed, sure ZZKDB mentioned it, Aouar being the latest apparently. It’s common practice speak to the player and agent to see if they are interested before making offers. No point at all getting sanctimonious about it happening to us.
I'm talking about the lengths to which they did it out in public, in the media, all summer long last year. I wasn't being sanctimonious, I was defending the club, on a City forum, from some bayern twat calling us a rigged club.

Let Sane go, get the best deal we can without lowering ourselves to other clubs standards and move on to bigger and better things.
Great post, and really it can be boiled down to just this one line. I don't know what it is about this particular saga that's caused people to absolutely lose their minds.

While I would categorize Bayern's conduct in the media as distasteful I don't consider the basic behind the scenes recruitment/contact with agents as miles away from our own work in the transfer market, nor is it wrong. We don't own these guys, we don't own their careers. It's our job as a club to make people want to be here, not to force people. Clubs reach out to intermediaries and agents all the time to gauge interest around moves, how happy they are, etc. How, exactly, do you think we convinced Rodri to come last summer? He was a player under contract at Atleti, right? Did we just show up at the La Liga offices and pay the fee without "tapping him up"? Just make the deal and move on.

Great post, and really it can be boiled down to just this one line. I don't know what it is about this particular saga that's caused people to absolutely lose their minds.

While I would categorize Bayern's conduct in the media as distasteful I don't consider the basic behind the scenes recruitment/contact with agents as miles away from our own work in the transfer market, nor is it wrong. We don't own these guys, we don't own their careers. It's our job as a club to make people want to be here, not to force people. Clubs reach out to intermediaries and agents all the time to gauge interest around moves, how happy they are, etc. How, exactly, do you think we convinced Rodri to come last summer? He was a player under contract at Atleti, right? Did we just show up at the La Liga offices and pay the fee without "tapping him up"? Just make the deal and move on.
Did we conduct a coordinated public campaign to unsettle a player?

Bayern had to issue an apology for their conduct for fuck sake.

Lads doing backflips to make apologies for a bastard club that has purposely set out to undermine us since we got a few quid.

Check yourselves lads

Cheers:
Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

Often a club wishing to buy a player from another club will contact the player directly to try and persuade him to join them should a bidding war for that player ensue. Also, if the club wishing to sign the player feels his current club would be unwilling to sell, they may contact the player to unsettle him at his current club and thus persuade him to hand in a transfer request.

I believe Bayern has been tapping up Sane. That's my opinion
How exactly do you think we convinced Rodri to sign last summer? Because it wasn't by talking to Atleti.

lol, nope, they weren't. There were multiple reports of such last summer. They even stripped his kit number and gave it away prior to him even leaving the club.
They accepted the transfer. He had a while left on his contract.

Did we have a public campaign to unsettle the player?

I'm talking about the lengths to which they did it out in public, in the media, all summer long last year. I wasn't being sanctimonious, I was defending the club, on a City forum, from some bayern twat calling us a rigged club.
Yes , didn’t mean you in particular being sanctimonious, just fans in general thinking everyone else does it but not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.