Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. The problem is never when Leroy loses the ball or doesn't get to the ball, that is all forgivable. The problem is when he can't be fucked in turning and getting the ball back, he can do it and is one of the best in the team at doing it, which makes it even more frustrating.
There was an interview from Henry a year or so ago where he talked about the demands from Pep, irrespective of who you are (except Messi, as i mentioned before). But what made it more interesting was that Henry was talking about his own position which is very similar to Sane's, he said that Pep wanted him and the other winger to constantly be making runs in behind. He said most of the time you make those runs and you don't get the ball but that was half the point of the run, it's mostly a decoy to stretch the play and its something that is non-negotiable for Pep. Henry said he couldn't get it because he was just so used to making runs in order to get the ball and score. When you watch Sane he is the same, he makes really good runs with the intention of always wanting the ball to make a difference, this sounds good but it's selfish and not part of the team play that Pep wants. And then when he makes the runs and doesn't get the ball he's fucked off and waving his arms around like Ronaldo does, HE'S NOT MESSI AND HE'S NOT RONALDO, he cannot win games on his own like those two can. He specifically picked out Sane because he see's the potential but more likely because he's the only one that still hasn't got it and that's the exact same thing that was happening to Aguero. He'll be an infinitely better player in this system if he can put the ego aside and do what's best for the team.

EDIT: I didn't mean to say you were wrong as it's your opinion and it might be right. IMO you're wrong (but you could be right):)

He runs more than Henry though.

A €150m sale would keep FFP off our backs for 3 years, giving us pretty much carte blanche to spend big to replace Kompany, Silva, Fernandinho and Aguero in the next 2 years, and it would put our net spend at 158m since Pep arrived, 39m/season.

Now I'm not that bothered by that, but if I was one of the club lawyers preparing to argue in front of CAS about City and FFP to stop us getting banned, it would probably make me feel better. It'd also lend a lot of credit to Pep and Khaldoon's words about 2016 & 2017 being outliers and the club changing moving towards a less free spending phase.

A €150m sale would keep FFP off our backs for 3 years, and it would put our net spend at 158m since Pep arrived, 39m/season.

Now I'm not that bothered, but if I was one of the club lawyers preparing to argue in front of CAS about City and FFP to stop us getting banned, it would probably make me feel better.
Saying the words 'net spend' on this forum is an offence that warrants a ban, how dare you :D

Pep's system has changed somewhat since the Barca days, i don't think Henry at his peak would get in this team as a winger because of that. But that's another reason that Henry was benched a lot during his Barca days as well, he wasn't able/willing to do what was demanded.

Most sprinters can't do both.

A few freaks like Colin Bell can do pace & mid distance, but compare that to Yaya.

Imo if he wants a grafter, he should have put Leroy on the market in May. He's a speed merchant who will need to rest up at times in order to function.

Please can you folk correct this old man if I am mistaken but...

As far as I understand...

Leroy has two years left on his current contract.

Leroy has never said he wants to leave.

His mother handles his business affairs.

City do not want to sell him.

City has offered him an extended contract which hasn't been signed yet but hasn't been refused.

Bayern haven't even made a formal offer for him.

The football press and media are packed with low life, ignorant, lying, so called 'journalists' who willingly write lies and half truths in order to have their garbage bought by crap 'papers'.

Ex jail bird Karle Heinz Rummennigge is a cheat and a liar.

Given the above I believe Leroy will stay.

JJ

Most sprinters can't do both.

A few freaks like Colin Bell can do pace & mid distance, but compare that to Yaya.

Imo if he wants a grafter, he should have put Leroy on the market in May. He's a speed merchant who will need to rest up at times in order to function.
I think he's capable of it, we've seen it in many games where he has done everything that's needed. It's a mental thing, it has to be.

I've not been following this closely, and only just seen the telegraph article saying we've slapped a £137m valuation on Leroy.

That closes the matter imo. There's no way Bayern will anything like that amount, and we know that, which is why we've made the £137m announcement. It's basically telling them to fuck off, but in more polite terms.

He's going nowhere.

Make no mistake, Bayern can afford to pay the asking price. They are loathed to, but they can. They can pay it over 2 or 3 years if they need to. If City weren't prepared to sell they wouldn't set a price publically.

Time to see how much Bayern want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.