Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press conference with Niko Kovač. Press officer Dieter Nickles starts by blocking all questions about Sané

I think he's capable of it, we've seen it in many games where he has done everything that's needed. It's a mental thing, it has to be.

Yeah but we see KDB running around like Colin Bell for weeks then suddenly he looks like he is about to die or gets injured.

I'm sure Leroy can do it, but I doubt he can do it for long. He can probably do a bit more than he does tbf but I don't think he'll be a reliable tracker.

Tbh I don't think that is the best way for him to play. It might be the best for City but imo he can be a star out & out attacker IF he puts in the work. I would fancy Real Madrid if I was him (once they sort themselves out).

Look at it from the club's perspective. Right now, we get around 100m. Maybe a little more or a little less. If we are pretty sure he won't renew, the club has 3 options.

Sell now and replace, probably get ripped off.

Sell now and don't replace, use what we have

Keep him for a year, potentially destabilising the all-important squad harmony and losing 30m.

With option 3, maybe he decides to sign. Or maybe he has a great season and we still get a similar amount to now. But those are by no means certain, Especially if he's sat on the bench.

Option 1 - doesn’t look like we are prepared to get ripped off - ie we’d want so much for Leroy, we’d have plenty of cash to pay top dollar for a replacement.

As for option 3, come on, this is Leroy Sane we’re talking about, not Henry Kissinger - no offence to Leroy but I don’t think he’s got it in him to destabilise the harmony of the whole squad! There are plenty of voices stronger than his in the dressing room, don’t think we have much to worry about on that score, and I’m sure the manager is more than capable of dealing with the odd grumpy player by now.

Make no mistake, Bayern can afford to pay the asking price. They are loathed to, but they can. They can pay it over 2 or 3 years if they need to. If City weren't prepared to sell they wouldn't set a price publically.

Time to see how much Bayern want him.

If City agree to the terms

The rags sold players & declined, badly.

And replaced them mostly with inferior ones.

All because of how they are run we are one of the best run club in the world! Do you really think if pep really wanted Sane to stay we would even entertain it? Look at Sterling we paid him what he wanted to sign the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.