Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
off-topic, but just realised kovac - despite being a complete novice - is only one year younger than guardiola.

All because of how they are run we are one of the best run club in the world! Do you really think if pep really wanted Sane to stay we would even entertain it? Look at Sterling we paid him what he wanted to sign the contract.

Sterling situation was almost identical, just didn't have Bayern shit stirring.

November was it, when Sterling finally signed ?

Yeah but we see KDB running around like Colin Bell for weeks then suddenly he looks like he is about to die or gets injured.

I'm sure Leroy can do it, but I doubt he can do it for long. He can probably do a bit more than he does tbf but I don't think he'll be a reliable tracker.

Tbh I don't think that is the best way for him to play. It might be the best for City but imo he can be a star out & out attacker IF he puts in the work. I would fancy Real Madrid if I was him (once they sort themselves out).
But he's not being asked to run like KDB, the runs in his position are more controlled and with a different purpose. Just look what it has done for Aguero, he had his best season and looked like a more complete player.

Option 1 - doesn’t look like we are prepared to get ripped off - ie we’d want so much for Leroy, we’d have plenty of cash to pay top dollar for a replacement.

As for option 3, come on, this is Leroy Sane we’re talking about, not Henry Kissinger - no offence to Leroy but I don’t think he’s got it in him to destabilise the harmony of the whole squad! There are plenty of voices stronger than his in the dressing room, don’t think we have much to worry about on that score, and I’m sure the manager is more than capable of dealing with the odd grumpy player by now.
And he didn't exactly destabilize the dressing room when he couldn't get a kick last season, did he. And moreover, he's hardly jumping up and down saying he's desperate to leave.

So he will stay, play his part as he did last season, and imo probably get more game time because I do see us playing David Silva somewhat less, and transitioning Bernado into that central role, which means less competition for places for wing players.

In fact, I won't be at all surprised if he renews his contract.

And he didn't exactly destabilize the dressing room when he couldn't get a kick last season, did he. And moreover, he's hardly jumping up and down saying he's desperate to leave.

So he will stay, play his part as he did last season, and imo probably get more game time because I do see us playing David Silva somewhat less, and transitioning Bernado into that central role, which means 1 more space available for wingers to compete for a start.
Not sure , Silva will play less but KDB and Foden as well as Gundogan will play more so not so sure Bernardo will play centrally that much.

But he's not being asked to run like KDB, the runs in his position are more controlled and with a different purpose. Just look what it has done for Aguero, he had his best season and looked like a more complete player.

I'm not sure Sané has the ability to chase down like Aguero now does & also make the attacking sprints required.

I recon one will have to take priority over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.