Dealing with your partner's ex.......

Make sure you never forget that the most important person in all of this is the little girl. Try not to get too worked up or there's a danger it will become about you and him.

I went through all this about 8 years ago. Same things like me and the Mrs sorting a weekend away with him promising to look after Callum and then letting us (and Callum ) down. Phoning us up saying he was to ill to have him, then us seeing him out in town. He wasn't allowed to come to the house as he has nicked jewlry from her when picking him up (before we were together) In the end we just stopped contact and told him he had to do everything through his soilicitor we've kept all the paperwork. every now and again he'll make contact to let Callum know he has another brother or sister and can he start seeing him. we asked Callum and he said he's not inerested cal's nearly twelve now and the other day described has Dad as 'just a fat waster' We've never spoken badly about his dad in front of him or told him any of the things he has done (and there are loads) after years of dealing with it callum's not seen his dad for about 3 years now and is happier than he's ever been

Sounds like a tricky one there mate. He's obviously just being difficult. Try not to let it get to you both and just carry on as best you can. If you let it get you down he's winning. In my experience it wont be the last time he tries to mess your plans up.

Sounds corny but rise above it.

Can you all go away together or is that not practical?

markyboyblue said:
Sounds like a tricky one there mate. He's obviously just being difficult. Try not to let it get to you both and just carry on as best you can. If you let it get you down he's winning. In my experience it wont be the last time he tries to mess your plans up.

Its her 30th weekend mate, £600 gone into it all from my back pocket! No way i'm letting him ruin that. Anyway he's admitted an error now and all appears ok, i'm treating everything he does with a pinch of salt from no on though. What an arse he is.

Pigeonho said:
markyboyblue said:

Its her 30th weekend mate, £600 gone into it all from my back pocket! No way i'm letting him ruin that. Anyway he's admitted an error now and all appears ok, i'm treating everything he does with a pinch of salt from no on though. What an arse he is.

People like him ruin it for the decent Dad's out there trying to spend as much time with their children as possible...burn him!

Don't put yourself in a position where you are relying on him,always when you want to go out,make alternate arrangemnts as back up,then ask him,if he refuses or finds an excuse,it won't be a problem,as you have a back up plan.

As things stand he knows he has you by the bollocks,so make sure in future he never has that power over you or your missus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.