Dear Atheists..

I’ll take my chances, thanks.

If there is an upstairs and downstairs then I best stock up on the factor 50..
My born again sister in law once said to me that if I didn't believe I wouldn't go to heaven, to which I replied, " if heaven is full of people like you why would I want to go there"?

I went on holiday to Hawaii and went to the top of Mona Loa one evening where all the observatories are. At a height of 13,679 ft and not a light in sight you look up and see literally billions of stars.

It is truly mind boggling and you find yourself wondering how far it all extends and is there actually an outer limit.

Nobody could have created all this, and is it actually real?

I don’t believe in God.

BUT, if I’m wrong, and I ever end up at the Pearly Gates, I know that based on the life I’ve led versus many holy rollers, I’ll get to jump the queue to get in…unless God is the spiteful bastard that killed everyone except Noah and the animals, and then who would care?!

Ironically, the other side think that all of that couldn’t have come from nothing, so “someone” must have created it!

It’s a fun game to play, but tell people that everything began with the Big Bang and when they ask, “What was before that?” you can simply say “it was the previous universe imploding in on itself to the singularity that created this latest Big Bang through a series of expansions and contractions, each time creating a different universe.”

When they ask how could you possibly believe that, you simply say, “I have faith.”

I went on holiday to Hawaii and went to the top of Mona Loa one evening where all the observatories are. At a height of 13,679 ft and not a light in sight you look up and see literally billions of stars.

It is truly mind boggling and you find yourself wondering how far it all extends and is there actually an outer limit.

It's real enough alright, we are conscious of our place in a vast place we can't say at all and yet we can say so much and want to understand so much. Our lives within it have value and meaning and most humans believe they are part of an overarching purpose which they call God.
If everything is all just empty chance where's the harm in upsetting a few vehement atheists by poking a finger through the holes in their comfort blanket?

Ironically, the other side think that all of that couldn’t have come from nothing, so “someone” must have created it!

It’s a fun game to play, but tell people that everything began with the Big Bang and when they ask, “What was before that?” you can simply say “it was the previous universe imploding in on itself to the singularity that created this latest Big Bang through a series of expansions and contractions, each time creating a different universe.”

When they ask how could you possibly believe that, you simply say, “I have faith.”
'Singularity' lol.

It's real enough alright, we are conscious of our place in a vast place we can't say at all and yet we can say so much and want to understand so much. Our lives within it have value and meaning and most humans believe they are part of an overarching purpose which they call God.
If everything is all just empty chance where's the harm in upsetting a few vehement atheists by poking a finger through the holes in their comfort blanket

indoctrination is a powerful tool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.