Dear Atheists..

I can recommend this book if you are interested in a factual account of the Resurrection.

Factual account?! I've read a couple of pages and it's like a Netflix conspiracy show! Who moved the stone? Could have been the scorned wife, or the grieving mother. Could have been some kids playing a prank. Could have been an alien. Accounts at the time even say they saw Tupac and Biggy having a rap battle shortly before they arrived to see the stone removed.

Let's go with Jesus came back from the dead and moved it himself.

Factual account?! I've read a couple of pages and it's like a Netflix conspiracy show! Who moved the stone? Could have been the scorned wife, or the grieving mother. Could have been some kids playing a prank. Could have been an alien. Accounts at the time even say they saw Tupac and Biggy having a rap battle shortly before they arrived to see the stone removed.

Let's go with Jesus came back from the dead and moved it himself.
well done for managing a couple of pages anyway.

Think that gem was one of Charles Bradlaugh's founder of the Secular Society back in the 1890s.
Regardless, it rings true wherever it was over a hundred years ago or today.
Most religions have moved with the times when archaeology has discovered certain things. There’s just too many holes in mainstream religion. If the planet manages to survive another hundred years without the human race fucking things up I reckon there will be a few more discoveries that leads to more questions than answers.

Regardless, it rings true wherever it was over a hundred years ago or today.
Most religions have moved with the times when archaeology has discovered certain things. There’s just too many holes in mainstream religion. If the planet manages to survive another hundred years without the human race fucking things up I reckon there will be a few more discoveries that leads to more questions than answers.
We've had two millenia to get used to monotheism but there's always a few struggling to keep up ;-)

It's very difficult to understand the point or points you are making. All I'd say is that the OT is a record of the religious experience of the Hebrew people and Christians believe the NT fulfils it and is a new covenant.
So you don't believe it to be the word of any god? Fair enough.

We've had two millenia to get used to monotheism but there's always a few struggling to keep up ;-)
It’s not a case of struggling to keep up. Life is for living in the here and now. Not spending countless years of your life speculating on what might be.
You make your case, I respect it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.