Dear Atheists..

Yes, you can saddle religion with these tropes and I'd agree, but to level your accusation at JUST religion is so far off the mark it's incredulous, looking at the world around us!
Why do you assume my post is limited to religion, you’re joining, incredibly, Damocles, in assumption levels.

Can't believe folk actually post this kind of nonsense.
There is a story in a big book, called the bauble or something, about Horos, sorry Krishna, I mean Oddyseus, or is it Romulus, or Dionysus, or possibly Heracles, or Hermes, maybe Serapis, or Zeus, or could it be Adonis, or Asclepius, sorry Glycon, or Zoroaster, or was it Attis, or Mythra, I mean Buddha, or Tammuz, or was it Yeshua, oh yeah that’s him Yeshua of Nazareth who nobody at the time of his supposed existence ever recorded a single thing about, despite all the amazing stuff Horos, Krishna, Oddyseus, Romulus, Dionysus, Heracles, Hermes, Serapis, Zeus, Adonis, Asclepius, Glycon, Zoroaster, Attis, Mythra, Buddha, Tammuz, sorry I mean Yeshua was supposed to have done, apart from a few supposed mates who just happened to have told identical plagiarised copies of Yeshua’s supposed life from older stories of Horos, Krishna, Oddyseus, Romulus, Dionysus, Heracles, Hermes, Serapis, Zeus, Adonis, Asclepius, Glycon, Zoroaster, Attis, Mythra, Buddha, Tammuz from other older mythologies, after he’d supposedly died of course.

But it’s hardly reliable.

Last edited:
I’ve never been presented with anything that’s convinced me of Jesus’ historicity.

I’m supposed to believe in this character, when all I have to do is look back further than his supposed time on Earth and find his story plagiarised from an array of previous characters from older mythologies (mentioned in the post above) which are all (including Jesus) simply rooted in the personification and deifying of the Sun?

Look at a map of the ancient Silk Roads and then research where all those characters from the various mythologies come from and where the Silk Roads converge in the Levant between Europe and Asia where the movement of people and their stories from the many mythologies they’ll have experienced along the way and back will have come and gone for millennia.

IMG_7418.jpeg

Look at the amount of invasion the Levant underwent: From Sumerians, to Akkadians, Canaanites, Philistines, Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Phoenicians, Judeans, Israelites, Samaritans, Endomites, Nabateans, Persians, Macedonians, Seleucids, Ptolemaics, Hasmoneans, Greeks and Romans… all of these were empires that conquered the Levant or saw emigration of people from where these empires were from to the Levant or were Levantine empires that sprung up and grew in the area; all bringing their own customs, culture and mythologies into the area over the millennia.

For me, that’s where the Jesus story comes from: a mish-mash of ancient stories from many ancient mythologies through continent-wide trade, emigration and invasion.

Okay, Josephus (the most reliable source of the historicity of Jesus) may very well have met people who worshipped a Jesus deity in yet another new mythology of the time. But it isn’t truly reliable evidence of the man. And you may say, but there isn’t truly reliable evidence of many people from that time - and you’d be right - but Jesus is supposed to be the most important human that’s ever lived so I’m looking for much more weighted evidence for his existence than anyone else’s.

Even Disney convinced everyone Aladdin was from Arabia when his original story was set in China. So it’s easy to do.

Last edited:
I’ve never been presented with anything that’s convinced me of Jesus’ historicity.

I’m supposed to believe in this character, when all I have to do is look back further than his supposed time on Earth and find his story plagiarised from an array of previous characters from older mythologies (mentioned in the post above) which are all (including Jesus) simply rooted in the personification and deifying of the Sun?

Look at a map of the ancient Silk Roads and then research where all those characters from the various mythologies come from and where the Silk Roads converge in the Levant between Europe and Asia where the movement of people and their stories from the many mythologies they’ll have experienced along the way and back will have come and gone for millennia.

View attachment 131196

Look at the amount of invasion the Levant underwent: From Sumerians, to Akkadians, Canaanites, Philistines, Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Phoenicians, Judeans, Israelites, Samaritans, Endomites, Nabateans, Persians, Macedonians, Seleucids, Ptolemaics, Hasmoneans, Greeks and Romans… all of these were empires that conquered the Levant or emigration of people from where these empires were from to the Levant or were Levantine empires that sprung up and grew in the area; all bringing their own customs, culture and religions into the area over the millennia.

For me, that’s where the Jesus story comes from.

Okay, Josephus (the most reliable source of the historicity of Jesus) may very well have met people who worshipped a Jesus deity in yet another new mythology of the time. But it isn’t truly reliable evidence of the man. And you may say, but there isn’t truly reliable evidence of many people from that time - and you’d be right - but Jesus is supposed to be the most important human that’s ever lived so I’m looking for much more weighted evidence for his existence than anyone else’s.
The consensus of contemporary scholarship is that Jesus was an historic figure, which accords with mainstream testimony over two thousand years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.