Dear Atheists..

I’ve never been presented with anything that’s convinced me of Jesus’ historicity.

I’m supposed to believe in this character, when all I have to do is look back further than his supposed time on Earth and find his story plagiarised from an array of previous characters from older mythologies (mentioned in the post above) which are all (including Jesus) simply rooted in the personification and deifying of the Sun?

Look at a map of the ancient Silk Roads and then research where all those characters from the various mythologies come from and where the Silk Roads converge in the Levant between Europe and Asia where the movement of people and their stories from the many mythologies they’ll have experienced along the way and back will have come and gone for millennia.

View attachment 131196

Look at the amount of invasion the Levant underwent: From Sumerians, to Akkadians, Canaanites, Philistines, Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Phoenicians, Judeans, Israelites, Samaritans, Endomites, Nabateans, Persians, Macedonians, Seleucids, Ptolemaics, Hasmoneans, Greeks and Romans… all of these were empires that conquered the Levant or saw emigration of people from where these empires were from to the Levant or were Levantine empires that sprung up and grew in the area; all bringing their own customs, culture and mythologies into the area over the millennia.

For me, that’s where the Jesus story comes from: a mish-mash of ancient stories from many ancient mythologies through continent-wide trade, emigration and invasion.

Okay, Josephus (the most reliable source of the historicity of Jesus) may very well have met people who worshipped a Jesus deity in yet another new mythology of the time. But it isn’t truly reliable evidence of the man. And you may say, but there isn’t truly reliable evidence of many people from that ‘T time - and you’d be right - but Jesus is supposed to be the most important human that’s ever lived so I’m looking for much more weighted evidence for his existence than anyone else’s.

Even Disney convinced everyone Aladdin was from Arabia when his original story was set in China. So it’s easy to do.
In the end doesn’t matter if he was or wasn’t, I think in probability there was a man that people followed. The myth of being the son of a god and the miracles, rising from the dead, we know weren’t.

The consensus of contemporary scholarship is that Jesus was an historic figure, which accords with mainstream testimony over two thousand years.
There were probably hundreds of people claiming the same shit at the time. The one story stuck and, thanks to the Romans, spread throughout Europe. It could be a collection of different people rolled into one. I've seen the Life of Brian! The problem with the bible is that it's stuck in that time. The morals and stories can't be changed to fit the times. Its explanations are ridiculous. Like in Genesis.
It's also why the god of the bible thinks slavery is ok...as long as it's not Hebrews. And that you can beat them..as long as you don't kill them. Within a week. And if they have a child, that child becomes your PROPERTY.
And the Jesus character later on claims EVERYTHING in that book stands.

There were probably hundreds of people claiming the same shit at the time. The one story stuck and, thanks to the Romans, spread throughout Europe. It could be a collection of different people rolled into one. I've seen the Life of Brian! The problem with the bible is that it's stuck in that time. The morals and stories can't be changed to fit the times. Its explanations are ridiculous. Like in Genesis.
It's also why the god of the bible thinks slavery is ok...as long as it's not Hebrews. And that you can beat them..as long as you don't kill them. Within a week. And if they have a child, that child becomes your PROPERTY.
And the Jesus character later on claims EVERYTHING in that book stands.
It's very difficult to understand the point or points you are making. All I'd say is that the OT is a record of the religious experience of the Hebrew people and Christians believe the NT fulfils it and is a new covenant.

Last edited:
Gervais made a good point when he asked a mythological believer how many of the 3,000 extant gods of today and approximately 18,000 gods from human history he believed in.

He answered, ‘one’.

Gervais said, ‘…and I believe in just one less than you’.

Although do believers of the second chapter of the Abrahamic Mythology really only believe in one god? They say they do and will explain that the trinity is just one god, but Christian god and Jesus are the same as Osiris and Horus from the Egyptian mythology who are the same as the many Pagan mythologies’ sky god and sun god, with the sun god being the son of the sky god as two separate gods.

As well as Osiris, Amun Ra was a top Egyptian god said to be the king of the gods, which etymologically is where the ending of Abrahamic Mythological prayers comes from: Amen.

Last edited:
Gervais made a good point when he asked a mythological believer how many of the 3,000 extant gods of today and approximately 18,000 gods from human history he believed in.
He answered, ‘one’.
Gervais said, ‘…and I believe in just one less than you’.
Think that gem was one of Charles Bradlaugh's founder of the Secular Society back in the 1890s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.