Dear Atheists..

I am troubled by the Big Bang theory. If the whole universe was in a hot dense state, where did it come from?
a) It is the singularity which is the final resting place of a previous universe.
b) It is sui generis and unique
c) God made it.
How does something come from nothing?
We may never understand the origin of the universe.

Doesn't stop us trying.

Early in the process we obviously discard the idea of a theistic god.

We can debate the existence of a deistic god but that seems highly improbable too.

I really hate myself for getting involved in these discussions.

We may never understand the origin of the universe.

Doesn't stop us trying.

Early in the process we obviously discard the idea of a theistic god.

We can debate the existence of a deistic god but that seems highly improbable too.

I really hate myself for getting involved in these discussions.
Me too! Brain frying.

Darwin remained a believer, as did his wife whose sensitivity held him back from publishing ‘The Origin…’
Christians of my acquaintance fall into two camps: Darwinians who think ‘The Origin’ explains how god went about his purpose and the Fundamentalists who believe Genesis is the literal truth. One fundamentalist I know maintains that evolution and the fossil record is a conspiracy. She is unable to say who the conspirators are or what they expect to gain! The church she attends is packed to overflowing with like minded people.
Almost certain from everything I've read that Darwin did not remain a believer.

Even the Pope is cool with the idea of Darwinian evolution.

I think the appropriate final word on this thread should be...

AMEN.

Although I am genuinely interested in knowing if @Damocles thinks Jesus is the son of God.

I’d like to know did Jesus think he was the son of God.
I think he just wanted to free his people from the Roman yolk.

Saul, Paul, hijacked the whole project, much to the chagrin of JC's brothers, and once Constantine picked it up we were off.

I will say one thing for Paul, if it wasn't for him deciding that membership could be expanded quicker without all those pesky dietary restrictions and lopping off your foreskin, we would all have less to tug on on the long winter evenings. So a happy ending after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.