Death of another Blue

proachy said:
Blue Maverick said:
I joined the fire service with Jamie, he was a top bloke, good footballer and very very fit, this is the second firefighter in the past few months to do this, it is so sad and I can't imagine what his family is going through, it shocked me to the core when the news surfaced last week and at only 36 he had so much life ahead of him. As someone put on his page, suicide is one of the top reasons for deaths of men under 40 these days which is just shocking.
RIP Jamie, once a blue always a blue mate.
3rd maverick, although retired Ollerenshaw from bridge just the other day aswell.
Rip Jamie so so sad.
Ye I heard about him as well mate just meant serving but not that it matters, still all very sad that their lives end this way.

So sad, such a terrible thing to do.

I was touched by a suicide for the first time last year, last September. A friend of many, many years, my longest friend, hanged herself over a bloke. Stupid, stupid, stupid thing to do. She also was apparently calm and rational just before doing it. I could understand suicide if the future was inevitably going to be worse - a terminal condition such as cancer or any of the many degenerative neurological conditions - but if it is over sex, sexuality, bullying, addiction, money, etc. then nothing, absolutely nothing, is so bad that help can't be found from other people. It is clearly an 'unbalanced state of mind' thing though that can put the person beyond help.

Just, please, anyone considering suicide, talk with someone about your problem, with The Samaritans if you don't feel able to talk with family or friends, because suicides leave a trail of inconsolable grief and guilt amongst all family and friends - "Why didn't you talk with us about it?" is the plaintive cry, whatever 'it' is. My friend's sister wrote me last month saying she was "Still having very dark days and sleepless nights". Just don't do it. Don't.

R.I.P Blue at least you got to see us back at the top and win a couple of trophies mate,small consolation but a little.

People often put a brave and happy face on to the world but inside they can be dying.They rarely speak about their feelings to loved ones and friends because they don't want to worry them and be seen to be struggling,or weak.

I echo other sentiments expressed on here,please talk to someone if you are feeling low,or have problems,they can be eased and help given.There is no coming back from death.

Very, very sad. And so many who would've helped had they known. I've had a rock bottom time in my life when my best mate literally kept me alive. RIP blue.
And please, if anyone on here ever feels that low do say so. Tell your mother, brother, mate or whoever. Tell us, tell me even. Things can always get better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.