Death

"We are actually doing a pretty good job of finding these answers. As for "life after death" it's overwhelmingly obvious that this is a 'no'."

I'm not into religion, god, heaven and hell etc, but why do you say it is overwhelmingly obvious there is no life after death?

I don't know exactly for sure myself, but there have been many, many instances of 'something' beyond the point of death for me to simply discount the possibility.

This will make little sense to many on here but look at cultures that would be into dance such as rumba, salsa, tango, flamenco etc whereas the English have Morris dancing… there will be a feeling element to the former that might not be so necessary in the latter. an opening to that which is beyond the thinking of the ‘rational’ mind. Sensuality, cycles of death and rebirth. Connection. Fluidity. Rhythm. Life.

I'm ex forces, 53 with bipolar disorder and tourettes syndrome.
I'm medicated, yet constantly up and down, from manic highs to desolate lows.
This isn't a" love me I need sympathy " post at all.
But death can't come soon enough if I'm being totally blunt and honest.
I'm genuinely gutted when I awake every morning and know I haven't died in my sleep.

I'm genuinely gutted when I awake every morning and know I haven't died in my sleep.
Mate .....can't you get any more help?

I'm so sorry to hear this..can you get any other treatments in which to help you. Any hobbies you can get into..take care

"We are actually doing a pretty good job of finding these answers. As for "life after death" it's overwhelmingly obvious that this is a 'no'."

I'm not into religion, god, heaven and hell etc, but why do you say it is overwhelmingly obvious there is no life after death?

I don't know exactly for sure myself, but there have been many, many instances of 'something' beyond the point of death for me to simply discount the possibility.

There have been none.
Not one single instance.

Hello same age. Also ex forces and have felt whats the point sometimes. However things can get better and life can change for the better. Have you tried ex forces breakfast clubs. As good to meet people who know what you have been through. If you fancy a chat and a pint let me know pal.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, it's much appreciated.
I'm endeavouring to keep stable the best I can. Under the current climate, professional help is hard to come by unless you have a load of cash to go private.
But again, I just want to reiterate that I'm not after sympathy. I'm well aware there are many many more people with a whole lot more issues than me who require far more help and assistance than myself.
I shall definitely take on board all the suggestions you've given and give my head a wobble.

Hello same age. Also ex forces and have felt whats the point sometimes. However things can get better and life can change for the better. Have you tried ex forces breakfast clubs. As good to meet people who know what you have been through. If you fancy a chat and a pint let me know pal.
I just might take you up on that offer mate. I'm at a stage where I struggle to leave the house at the minute, but let me get some bollocks and pull myself together and I think that would be great.
Pull up a sandbag and get the mess tins out.

I don't agree with those that say live everyday as though its your last....doesnt make sense to do that. Mundane work life and other obligations get in the way.

Instead, have a long hard think about what you want to do while you're here, write a list if needed and then make plans to do them, Cross them off or make an annual plan and do two three or four things every year.

I turn 50 at the end of this year, its sounds daft (maybe) but I've put a list of things together that I want to do this year and next, I've already booked a few trips but I'm trying to get a bit of deeper perspective on it and accomplish things that are more meaningful....not as easy as you would think

We are all going to die, its inevitable but its what we do while were here that matters, the difference we make to other people, the legacy we leave for our kids or loved ones. I don't know if there is an afterlife, maybe its nonsense. But then again, a few years ago I thought the idea of a multiverse and the possibility of other dimensions was ridiculous and quantum biology far fetched Sci fi....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.