Death

There have been none.
Not one single instance.

You see den, that's where you are wrong, or at least blinkered in your attitude.

There's also no evidence that something like this doesn't exist, or is possible. It's a little naïve to think that it's not possible.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, it's much appreciated.
I'm endeavouring to keep stable the best I can. Under the current climate, professional help is hard to come by unless you have a load of cash to go private.
But again, I just want to reiterate that I'm not after sympathy. I'm well aware there are many many more people with a whole lot more issues than me who require far more help and assistance than myself.
I shall definitely take on board all the suggestions you've given and give my head a wobble.
Good on you for facing up to it. Not to sympathise but I wonder if this speaks to you. This is not an exact science but for me there are times to try and be mentally tough. Other times, it can be about finding a space/support to actually let myself feel broken. Which can a bit shit to be honest. But then there can come a tenderness (which most might be taught is weak or something) with maybe tears but also a sense that the tension is melting. Then there might be a time to rest. Beyond this, there an come to feel that there is deeper strength than before and a kind of resilience that is not just rigid and mental but rooted within. This can make it seem worthwhile and easier to go through. Easier but, for me, yeah still tough at times. But more grounded, with practice. And it might change how you see and value (your own) life. Anyhow, if that’s not your cup of tea, no problems. Hope you find the best way through it for you. Cheers.

You see den, that's where you are wrong, or at least blinkered in your attitude.

There's also no evidence that something like this doesn't exist, or is possible. It's a little naïve to think that it's not possible.
So you call the guy 'wrong' or 'blinkered' then you suggest proving a negative...

I really wish that those who don't understand the basics of the scientific method would refrain from insisting on having an opinion on everything.

Because my brother was a steroid users it wrecked his health and had a long painful death but when i lost my dad he died in his sleep on new years day and didn't have any illness, so I'm not scared of dying, just not in agony please god!

This will make little sense to many on here but look at cultures that would be into dance such as rumba, salsa, tango, flamenco etc whereas the English have Morris dancing… there will be a feeling element to the former that might not be so necessary in the latter. an opening to that which is beyond the thinking of the ‘rational’ mind. Sensuality, cycles of death and rebirth. Connection. Fluidity. Rhythm. Life.
not just Morris dancing - we've got rave too - I went through a few cycles of rebirth and death in that era

Because my brother was a steroid users it wrecked his health and had a long painful death but when i lost my dad he died in his sleep on new years day and didn't have any illness, so I'm not scared of dying, just not in agony please god!
My lad was in real danger of snuffing it through necrotic pancreatitus in 2019, climbing the walls in agony on HDU but because he was only 15 the pain team kept having a go at the consultants because of the opiate use. They would get to a level where he wasn't screaming then the pain team would come and turn is analgesia down and his screaming would start again...at one point i had had enough and had a barny with the pain and gastro consultants, them giving me all the info on opiate dependance...to which i replied, Are you sure is he going out of this ward upright?...the pause said it all they went away to talk privately and his consultant came back and apologised and said they wont be reducing his meds till he made significant improvement. If he was going to go he wasn't going in agony.

not just Morris dancing - we've got rave too - I went through a few cycles of rebirth and death in that era
:) There’s a documentary called Dances of Ecstasy that looks at rave ,alongside other dances, for that sort of thing. A trailer for it (though what it speaks of is not possible for the experts on here because…it just isn’t right or fair or rational or something…)

So you call the guy 'wrong' or 'blinkered' then you suggest proving a negative...

I really wish that those who don't understand the basics of the scientific method would refrain from insisting on having an opinion on everything.
And I really wish that those that think they can best ‘understand’ life through the ’scientific‘ method, would be willing to experience Life more directly.

If that which dies is of space and time, then maybe the question is whether there is anything that connects us beyond space and time…and what if the answer to this is yes, it’s called Love. In this way there may be a wisdom in listening to one woman’s heart rather than all the sciences and religions and cleverness and theories within every man’s heads combined. But that might not be so rational or provable. May have to settle for just knowing and enjoying instead.

Sometimes these things are just experiences and our understanding of science is not developed enough to explain it.

I don't believe I have implied I do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.