Death

I really wish that those who don't understand the basics of the scientific method
Isn't there a lack of consensus about scientific method and how science proceeds?

I tend to favour Karl Popper and his views about falsification. But there are alternatives: AJ Ayer and verification, Thomas Kuhn and paradigm shifts, and Paul Feyerabend, who appears to eschew scientific method altogether.

Isn't there a lack of consensus about scientific method and how science proceeds?

I tend to favour Karl Popper and his views about falsification. But there are alternatives: AJ Ayer and verification, Thomas Kuhn and paradigm shifts, and Paul Feyerabend, who appears to eschew scientific method altogether.

“Perhaps the most commonly held myth about the nature of science is that there is a universal scientific method, with a common series of steps that scientists follow.”

“In reality there is no single method of science. Scientific inquiry is not a matter of following a set of rules. It is fluid, reflexive, context dependent and unpredictable. Scientists approach and solve problems in lots of different ways using imagination, creativity, prior knowledge and perseverance.”

Last edited:
This is a subject most dont want to talk about. Certainly one I kept away from when I was suffering from depression. Thankfully the doctors sorted me out.

My mum died suddenly saw her on the Saturday at home all seemed fine. By 9am Monday she had passed. My dad took it very badly as we all did.
Married for over 50years, it was hard to see our dad like this, completely lost. He was going through his own health problems.

Dad went on for another 7 years after mum passed something I am very proud of him for because he loved mum so much. He would talk about mum every day. It must have been a terrible miss for him.

The cancer got him and he gave up the fight. He didnt want to live anymore wanted to be with mum.
It was very hard on our kid and me who took turns visiting him every day. The first words at every visit was " I wish I was dead". It was very hard to hear your dad talk like this. But he was in a lot of pain.

After 6 months of this he passed away quietly in his sleep in 2017.

To lose you parents even at 57 was still a hammer blow to me. It has brought our kid and our families alot closer now, where close before but closer now.

Sadly when I leave this earth i wont have anything to leave my kids ( ex got the house ! ) apart from my City art work etc. I felt abit guilty that I havent anything to leave as my dad left us abit of cash. But as it wasnt much I use the cash to spend having great times with my lads. We use the money to come to as many City games as we can.
At first I felt odd that my lad wanted to take his old man as my dad didnt do this with me so much. But my lad wants to go with me and he is taking me to see Liam Gallagher at the Etihad this year lol. How many 25 yr olds will be taking their dads lol.

So now my aim is to spend as much time and fun with my lads , as long as the want to spend time with their old man. Their have their own lives to leave. Luckily we all seem to have other halfs that are happy for us to have father and son time.

I didnt spend a great deal of time with my dad so to speak. We both love City but I was into girls and motorbikes and getting to Manchester for matches back in the 80's wasnt as easy as today. He did come with me to the last Maine Road match ( of course Southampton beat us ! ). We parked where his dad got of the bus from Burnage and followed grandads footsteps to Maine Road. Which I loved doing as an older man by than with my young family it meant alot.

As we get older we appreciate our parents more at least I did, so hopefully I might not have much of monetary value but hopefully some good memories. I will never forget us all round my dads flat when we had that Aguerooooooooo moment ;)

That's my Sunday ramble !!

This is a subject most dont want to talk about. Certainly one I kept away from when I was suffering from depression. Thankfully the doctors sorted me out.

My mum died suddenly saw her on the Saturday at home all seemed fine. By 9am Monday she had passed. My dad took it very badly as we all did.
Married for over 50years, it was hard to see our dad like this, completely lost. He was going through his own health problems.

Dad went on for another 7 years after mum passed something I am very proud of him for because he loved mum so much. He would talk about mum every day. It must have been a terrible miss for him.

The cancer got him and he gave up the fight. He didnt want to live anymore wanted to be with mum.
It was very hard on our kid and me who took turns visiting him every day. The first words at every visit was " I wish I was dead". It was very hard to hear your dad talk like this. But he was in a lot of pain.

To lose you parents even at 57 was still a hammer blow to me. It has brought our kid and our families alot closer now, where close before but closer now.

Sadly when I leave this earth i wont have anything to leave my kids ( ex got the house ! ) apart from my City art work etc. I felt abit guilty that I havent anything to leave as my dad left us abit of cash. But as it wasnt much I use the cash to spend having great times with my lads. We use the money to come to as many City games as we can.
At first I felt odd that my lad wanted to take his old man as my dad didnt do this with me so much. But my lad wants to go with me and he is taking me to see Liam Gallagher at the Etihad this year lol. How many 25 yr olds will be taking their dads lol.

So now my aim is to spend as much time and fun with my lads , as long as the want to spend time with their old man. Their have their own lives to leave. Luckily we all seem to have other halfs that are happy for us to have father and son time.

I didnt spend a great deal of time with my dad so to speak. We both love City but I was into girls and motorbikes and getting to Manchester for matches back in the 80's wasnt as easy as today. He did come with me to the last Maine Road match ( of course Southampton beat us ! ). We parked where his dad got of the bus from Burnage and followed grandads footsteps to Maine Road. Which I loved doing as an older man by than with my young family it meant alot.

As we get older we appreciate our parents more at least I did, so hopefully I might not have much of monetary value but hopefully some good memories. I will never forget us all round my dads flat when we had that Aguerooooooooo moment ;)

That's a beautiful post mate. I don't mind admitting it choked me up reading it.
Straight from the heart that.

Thank you..beautiful

You don’t have to leave anyone anything material, mate. They’ve got memories of good times with you, and also your genes being passed down the generations.

And I really wish that those that think they can best ‘understand’ life through the ’scientific‘ method, would be willing to experience Life more directly.
Having read the drivel you post on here I’d say your life experience is the most indirect, ephemeral and divorced from reality on here.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.