Decisions in Europe.

Everyone goes on about us being gash in Europe but if the refs played it fair we would progressed every single time. Not saying we'd win it or anything but when we've been sent packing the ref has been involved.
You can have an off day,any team can and you come away with maybe a draw,a bent ref turns those draws into defeat and you are out.

We are far too good a side to have these results on our CV,even out decisions, Dont mean give us everything I mean even them out and we'll do very well in Europe.

And that's what they are scared of.

The slaughtered lamb said:
moomba said:
ChicagoBlue said:
I'd say that pretty much confirms that Clichy did NOT handle the ball!

Theres another bit to the law covering when a player has his arms out away from his body.

But intent still applies.

No it doesnt. Ball to hand v hand to ball doesnt really matter in that case. Think of a penalty given away by Lescott against Chelseaa few years back. Arms above head, ball to hand, no intent but clear penalty. Ramirez did one against us a year or so before and was rightly called on it.

The Dortmund and Clichy ones were more grey area, but IMO technically correct.

Very fine margins between success and failure at the very top.

All younask is anfair crack at the whip yet its obvious we are going to get nothing and i do mean nothing.

moomba said:
moomba said:
Theres another bit to the law covering when a player has his arms out away from his body.

No it doesnt. Ball to hand v hand to ball doesnt really matter in that case. Think of a penalty given away by Lescott against Chelseaa few years back. Arms above head, ball to hand, no intent but clear penalty. Ramirez did one against us a year or so before and was rightly called on it.

FFS moonba, someone has posted the laws of the game and you still can't see it. The Lescott one was an incorrect decision.
Unless of course the referees are being asked to interpret the laws in a different way.

Dodgy decisions in our favour? Tricky but Barcelona could have had a couple of penalties in the Nou Camp, however the foul on Dzeko (when Pab Zab picked up a second yellow for dissent) was much more clear cut.
And the same in Munich this season where they had a couple of half-hearted shouts but the foul on Silva late in the game was far more obvious.
Also people keep mentioning the clear foul on Mario against Ajax at home but there were a couple of fouls in the box on our players in the away game that could have been given had the rules been applied.
I fully accept we've been awful in too many games in Europe but the officials have been almost as bad.

East Level 2 said:
moomba said:

FFS moonba, someone has posted the laws of the game and you still can't see it. The Lescott one was an incorrect decision.
Unless of course the referees are being asked to interpret the laws in a different way.

They didnt post the complete laws and instructions to the referee. I'm sure we've all seen dozens of ball to hand decisions that couldnt possibly be considered deliberate. Can't remember the wording, but it specifies that if the arm is away from the body, innan unnatural position then it must be considered handball, deliberate or not. IMO that applies to both of those situations (as well as the Lescott/Ramirez ones which were much more clear cut).

The point I was making anyway was that the media universally wrote off the Dortmund decision as dodgy, but most thought the Clichy one was a good decision. Both were pretty much the same type of offence.

This entire thread shows how deluded some of you really are. Cover up for the fact that your team is no where near capable of winning the Champions league or even competing against some of the big clubs in Europe.

Just because you a rich English team doesn't automatically make you better than everyone and certainly doesn't give you some divine right to win it.

The more you compete in the competition, the better you will get.

Every club goes through patches of winning nothing and decisions against you. It happens to them all. Deal with it, learn from it and move on.

I've spoken to enough non City supporters who think we've had appalling officiating against us in the CL down the years to know that it has played it's part.

Only thing is that similar things have happened to other English clubs in Europe. Not sure it's a bias against us but maybe an anti English thing.

de niro said:
Everyone goes on about us being gash in Europe but if the refs played it fair we would progressed every single time. Not saying we'd win it or anything but when we've been sent packing the ref has been involved.
You can have an off day,any team can and you come away with maybe a draw,a bent ref turns those draws into defeat and you are out.

We are far too good a side to have these results on our CV,even out decisions, Dont mean give us everything I mean even them out and we'll do very well in Europe.

And that's what they are scared of.
Some people would think it's an agenda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.