Declan Rice

Not at the level we require.
Not at the moment but if the day comes and he signs for us he will go up a few notches, much like Stones, Laporte and so forth. Fernandinho has over 10+ yrs experience at the top level under his belt.

We really take for granted that experience which puts him in the right place to snuff out any danger. No reason Rice cant get to that level.

Obviously the Dutch league is a long way off playing in the PL and I've not seen Smith play for a long while but out of interest how would you two compare Matt Smith to Rice?

He isn't physically at the same level.

I haven't seen him play for ages but I doubt he would be below Rice in football ability, long term, if he got game time at the higher level. In fact I'd imagine him to turn out better, but then again Rice may well have a lot of improvement in him in that area.

In the Premier League though, the size & build, allied to decent football ability, could be a real asset.

Great signing if we are intrested. There will be a scramble in the Summer for this kid at least 5 clubs want Rice going by reports.

West Ham want an auction for him & they may get there wish, bar Chelsea & Arsenal the rest of the top 7 City, Liverpool, UTD, Spurs & even Everton want a HM & the price well you ain't getting change from 60-65m for the likes of Ndombela, Neves, Partey.
Rice will fetch around 40-45m Inc bonuses so no brainer for me. He will also know he won't be 1st on the team sheet but he knows he has time & the best in the business to coach him.
I can see this happening but we can't fuck about give them the fee don't cut corners go in hard & before anyone says City only pay what they think well we will see.
Same will go for Chillwell difference is apart from City not many require a LB so that should be easier.

Will be intresting who City go in for 1st, has to be Rice setting a fee that Leicester know they can't take the piss on. If we pay 40-50m on Chillwell West Ham will want the same for Rice.

Rice 40m + bonuses
Chillwell 45m + bonuses

Great signing if we are intrested. There will be a scramble in the Summer for this kid at least 5 clubs want Rice going by reports.

West Ham want an auction for him & they may get there wish, bar Chelsea & Arsenal the rest of the top 7 City, Liverpool, UTD, Spurs & even Everton want a HM & the price well you ain't getting change from 60-65m for the likes of Ndombela, Neves, Partey.
Rice will fetch around 40-45m Inc bonuses so no brainer for me. He will also know he won't be 1st on the team sheet but he knows he has time & the best in the business to coach him.
I can see this happening but we can't fuck about give them the fee don't cut corners go in hard & before anyone says City only pay what they think well we will see.
Same will go for Chillwell difference is apart from City not many require a LB so that should be easier.

Will be intresting who City go in for 1st, has to be Rice setting a fee that Leicester know they can't take the piss on. If we pay 40-50m on Chillwell West Ham will want the same for Rice.

Rice 40m + bonuses
Chillwell 45m + bonuses

If its who bids the most it wont be us buying him.

If its who bids the most it wont be us buying him.

Good point- we might as well focus on someone else now since he’s already been earmarked & the Hammers will want the highest price auction similar to the De Jong scenario.

Nothing in our recent transfer windows suggests we are going to change our transfer policy strategy & disrupt our wage structure with the number of teams now interested in acquiring his services will lead to.

Good point- we might as well focus on someone else now since he’s already been earmarked & the Hammers will want the highest price auction similar to the De Jong scenario.

Nothing in our recent transfer windows suggests we are going to change our transfer policy strategy & disrupt our wage structure with the number of teams now interested in acquiring his services will lead to.
These are 2 seperate things , the transfer fee I don’t think is a big issue within reason. The difference between what we were apparently offering and what Barca paid was about £10 mill so £2 mill / year.
His wages however were apparenttly around £300, thousand / week which is probable over 100 k more than we wanted apart from causing problems with our other top earners thats £6 mill / year more than we wanted.
I guess what I’m saying is we might pay the fee to get who we want, but that player has to want us enough to take the wages we are prepared to pay and push for us. or we’ll walk away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.