Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not arsed we didnt get him and I dont think Txkiki/Pep are either. Just dont see where he fits if we have everyone fit and were not forking out 100m on a back up.

Arsenal have vastly overpaid for him. He'll do well there as there arent that many good DM on the market but we happen to have the best on in the world and I have hopes Phillips has a good pre season and gets his feet.

I think he will be scrutinised - most expensive English player. Maybe not with the vitriol Grealish got, but to be slightly fair to the media Grealish was getting stick on here as well.

I don't think there was anyone on here getting giddy about him though, but I might have missed some pages.

Last edited:
I suppose we will see this year. Not convinced, personally.

Maybe that's unfair because I am spoilt with Guardiola. Let's see.
We are spoilt with Pep but other managers are really good too and it seems very clear that Arteta is one of them. Remember, when Pep leaves we will get another guy on who I am 99% sure won't be as good as Pep, because he's the best

It's not desperation tho is it ? Doyle is already a city player ,you have to think Doyle would offer far more than Phillips? Yet people think he should be given another chance ,we were prepared to offer £90m for Rice as rodders stand in ,couldn't Doyle do that in league cups ,fa cups etc ?
Phillips wasn't trusted to play 10 mins in games at 3.0 up or against Sheffield utd ,and I'm desperate to suggest Doyle mat be an option ?
Suggesting is different To making statements using ‘need’. Passion is not enough, and it should be a given. So Doyle should be judged purely on ability and if he falls short because someone is better than him then that player needs to be brought in. No loyalty or sympathy for players, they are just commodities. They get paid and they move on whereas us supporters stay and endure. Is Doyle good enough to hold a place in the best team in the world- yes or no?

Phillips is lower half Prem/Championship level.
Phillips is an overrated English footballer. It’s not his fault,it’s an English disease. He just isn’t technically good enough to play in the best team in the world - fact! He was bought (slightly desperately) to cover injury to Rodri. Had that happened we wouldn’t have won anything last season imo. Now that Kovacic (who does have the ability) has come in, Phillips won’t get a look in again.
He should move to a mid table project where he’ll stand out and get first team football; Villa, west ham, spurs, Brighton that sort.
I have no doubt that City would have got Rice if Phillips would have been included, and Rice would have been a good fit. Clearly Phillips is happy to lounge with us on a fat salary but it suits no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.