Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggesting is different To making statements using ‘need’. Passion is not enough, and it should be a given. So Doyle should be judged purely on ability and if he falls short because someone is better than him then that player needs to be brought in. No loyalty or sympathy for players, they are just commodities. They get paid and they move on whereas us supporters stay and endure. Is Doyle good enough to hold a place in the best team in the world- yes or no?
He's probably at the same standard as Phillips,so if that's the case and no money involved let Pep make the call in training .is Declan rice an elite player ? Not in my book

But it’s not a choice between Rice and Doyle since rice is going to another club. Although I do think under Guardiola, Rice had the potential to be ‘elite’ and be another stones.
It’s also not a choice between Phillips and Doyle imo as neither are good enough. They just aren’t - inspite of the passion they might exude.
There’s no room for sentiment. Are they good enough for the best team in the world - no, they are not. Bin them both and accept Kovacic will cover us this season and next summer there’ll be another elite player available.

I know on this forum that our academy kids such as Doyle and McAtee are future Balon D'or winners but it's a huge step from the Championship to the Premier League - and an even bigger step up from good PL sides to us.
Yeah I get that. I s'ppose if they are up to it at the moment they will get in next seasons City squad and if not they won't. No harm in bigging them up though in my own head. You never know...they may spend pre season with City and do a Foden, Palmer or Lewis.

Probably already been posted, but if anyone hasn't seen it?

This was a strange affair. Broad outlines of these shows are discussed beforehand, so something so inane need not have been said. Of course, she and the rest are paid to sound inane. It is true and reasonable to say City have a red line, and other clubs in the heat of the battle raise the transfer fees and salaries too high. Something so conspiratorial, sadly, is the way things go nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.