Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he keeps them if the top 4 and challenging he will be a success.
You pay that money for game changers that push you on (it took grealish a year but he became that). If all rice does it keep arsenal at a continuation and they end up top four and no more then arsenal have been rinsed, much like barca were with courtinho, who did little to improve them or himself.

And we habe not been immune we have rinsed before with some players, no shame in it

I didn't say he wouldn't. I said they got rinsed on the fee, which they did. Not sure why you're quoting my point to make yours tbh.
Because if they keep top 4 and challenge it's money well spent.

Fees for british players are crazy but it is what it is.

So what is the aim of this signing? Is it for a title challenge or to hopefully get top 4? Looking forward for the narrative shift depending on position from the tarquins. Remember they must have been delighted with getting the top 4 last season based on their comments.

So what is the aim of this signing? Is it for a title challenge or to hopefully get top 4? Looking forward for the narrative shift depending on position from the tarquins. Remember they must have been delighted with getting the top 4 last season based on their comments.
Given the level of competition, for now, I think Arsenal will be happy with top 4, and to stay there, every season. With Arteta at the helm, I would be surprised if they are not pushing for a league title in the next 5 years, and that takes some doing - City, Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester United will all have a say and there are strong teams who are strengthening beneath that tier, like Villa.

I think the aim is to push them over the line to what they see as a title but i dont think they will be quite as competitive as people think they will be, i think last season was an anomaly rather than the norm, alot of things went for them last season that wont necessarily go for them this season and they will have the extra pressure of cl to contend with.

Given the level of competition, for now, I think Arsenal will be happy with top 4, and to stay there, every season. With Arteta at the helm, I would be surprised if they are not pushing for a league title in the next 5 years, and that takes some doing - City, Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester United will all have a say and there are strong teams who are strengthening beneath that tier, like Villa.
I think combining champions league football and playing Premier league at daft o'clock on a Saturday is going to be a real eye opener for the Goons. Remember, they had no European football last year and were out of the domestic cups early doors and they still tired towards the end. I think they'll be there or there abouts because Legoheads putting together a talented squad, but I just think the amount of games will tell on them in the end.

I think the aim is to push them over the line to what they see as a title but i dont think they will be quite as competitive as people think they will be, i think last season was an anomaly rather than the norm, alot of things went for them last season that wont necessarily go for them this season and they will have the extra pressure of cl to contend with.
The major pro they had was playing in the Europa League, playing their B-team mostly there and going all out for the league. The Champions League is gonna be interesting for them, as a every inexperienced team too.

The major pro they had was playing in the Europa League, playing their B-team mostly there and going all out for the league. The Champions League is gonna be interesting for them, as a every inexperienced team too.
I just dont think as much goes for them this season as last season and with the extra pressure i dont think that the narrative spun by the muppets on aftv or dr sports or whatever its called these days is going to ring true, their whole season last season gave me leicester vibes where it was the perfect storm and they still didnt get it over the line, i dont think that happens this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.