Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think its clear with the links to Rice, Bellingham and Nunes that we’re looking for a 6/8 hybrid that is comfortable progressing with the ball at their feet, wouldn’t be surprised if its to partner Rodri like Bernie has been doing rather than as a back up/Ferna replacement, Bellingham and Rice would be incredible for that role

If he has rejected an extension, as reported in England, he could be forcing West Ham to accept that fact and to come to terms with selling him now rather than later. With Chelsea and that lot reportedly interested, however, it needn't mean we are his motivation.
I'd guess it's the other way.
I think West Ham are preparing his departure and made that silly contract offer for PR purposes. He rejects it (like anyone would), so the 'he rejected our generous offer and forced us to sell' narrative is created.

this would be like Grealish. paying 40m more than real worth. and having 12/24 months to get used to our way of playing.
and he would not even make the first eleven that often, unless we lose both Gundo and Bernardo which in case we are fucked.

I'd guess it's the other way.
I think West Ham are preparing his departure and made that silly contract offer for PR purposes. He rejects it (like anyone would), so the 'he rejected our generous offer and forced us to sell' narrative is created.
Yes, that’s another way of interpreting it. As I say, I’d be surprised if he’s still with West Ham come September, but I’ve no idea where else he’ll be.

this would be like Grealish. paying 40m more than real worth. and having 12/24 months to get used to our way of playing.
and he would not even make the first eleven that often, unless we lose both Gundo and Bernardo which in case we are fucked.
Would that not also be true for whomever we signed?

Would that not also be true for whomever we signed?
No.

Also we dont have to overpay 40m for everyone we sign.

I have a feeling Haaland wont need 12 months before we can rely on him scoring and put in big performances. otherwise best to keep Foden in false 9 lol.

No.

Also we dont have to overpay 40m for everyone we sign.

I have a feeling Haaland wont need 12 months before we can rely on him scoring and put in big performances. otherwise best to keep Foden in false 9 lol.
Oh I don’t disagree on the English premium point, but playing central midfield in our system is arguably tougher, mentally, than playing up front. No matter the player, it will take a period of adjustment to settle in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.