Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice is also a B2B CM in a midifled pivot with Soucek 99% of the time with West Ham

Rodri has shown an ability to score and pick a pass, between the two they could alternate who stays and who goes like what worked so well with Rice/Phillips at the Euros

Also allows us to play a #8 or #10 who has less of a defensive Burden as we'd have more security with Rice/Rodri, don't think Foden is a CM but he could be allowed more freedom as a #10.....because lets face it Kev is into his 30s now and the way he plays we'd struggle to find anyone with his skillset (similarly how we've never replaced Dave)....sometime you have to evolve not replace

As I said, think Bellingham is more the need but Rice will excel wherever he goes and he'd be a huge asset for us

Southgate got hammered for playing Rice and Phillips in the Euros. Was accused of playing safe or with the handbrake on. Pep likes to play with one who holds and two ahead who are marauding, but also creative. I don't think that Rice is creative enough to replace Gundo, De Bruyne or Bernardo.

Which is why I think an Odegaard type player would slot in there with little fuss. If Rice comes in, then it's Rodri that he is competing with for a place in the starting 11.

Can everyone stop putting Bellingham in their preferred 11s.

He's Dipper bound. It was on Twitter....

He also needs to be at least 21 before he can be considered top level. Often, youthful exuberance, and a lack of fear can propel players into excessive hyperbole. Then by the time they are 23, they end up being Jack Rodwell.

Southgate got hammered for playing Rice and Phillips in the Euros. Was accused of playing safe or with the handbrake on. Pep likes to play with one who holds and two ahead who are marauding, but also creative. I don't think that Rice is creative enough to replace Gundo, De Bruyne or Bernardo.

Which is why I think an Odegaard type player would slot in there with little fuss. If Rice comes in, then it's Rodri that he is competing with for a place in the starting 11.
This would be with a back three though, not effectively a back five, like Southgate used. I don’t particularly rate Rice but if we’re continuing with a back three, we need someone of that type alongside Rodri, unless Phillips turns up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.