Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri has improved a lot. But I'd take Rice over him if I could choose. They are different players with different strengths, but Rice is a genuine leader. You would also like to think he has at least another leve to go up by training and playing with better players every week than he does at West Ham. I woudn't contemplate selling Rodri to purchase Rice, not at all. But whoever does sign him are getting a brilliant holding midfielder for years to come.
City are still interested according to BBC headline.

Still think this guy is criminally underrated by the fans of those linked to him

Yes he's incredibly expensive but he stands out week in week out and carries the West Ham team

He does everything, he's a perfect CM who I think can play alongside Rodri

He's got the right mentality, he is a natural leader, he plays at full pace week in week out, doesnt get injuries, is technically much better than people give him credit for and looks like he loves playing football

If Caceido/Enzo are worth €100mil+, then Rice is worth more he's far more proven

If I had to pick straight up Bellingham vs Rice I'd go for Jude, but it's only because he fits a need more right now

England have made a semi-final, final and a quarter-final in the last three tournaments, losing by penalties and one goal in each of those defeats.

Basically you're talking nonsense.
Look at the draws England got it was more about that than the players the first time they faced a decent team they were beaten
However that said I like Rice and would definitely do a deal my only stipulation would be including Phillips in the said deal

Look at the draws England got it was more about that than the players the first time they faced a decent team they were beaten
However that said I like Rice and would definitely do a deal my only stipulation would be including Phillips in the said deal
you could potentially cash in on Phillips & Akanji with a move for Rice within in a couple of seasons.

Still think this guy is criminally underrated by the fans of those linked to him

Yes he's incredibly expensive but he stands out week in week out and carries the West Ham team

He's got the right mentality, he is a natural leader, he plays at full pace week in week out, doesnt get injuries, is technically much better than people give him credit for and looks like he loves playing football

If Caceido/Enzo are worth €100mil+, then Rice is worth more he's far more proven

If I had to pick straight up Bellingham vs Rice I'd go for Jude, but it's only because he fits a need more right now
Rice is a CDM. Rodri is a CDM. Kalvin Phillips is a back up CDM for Rodri. Don't need 3 CDM's. And Pep never uses 2 CDM's at the same time. I think the CDM position is in good hands. What is required is an understudy for De Bruyne and Gundogan, as they are not getting any younger. I'm not saying Odegaard, but someone like him would be perfect for City. I've actually got a suspicion that Grealish might end up more central in the future. A left back is still the priority, though.

I agree with all of this but he will be a world beater in a klopp-midfield not in a pep-midfield.

What he excels at is exactly what Liverpool had plenty of in midfield a few seasons ago. Our midfield is built differently which makes the ”destroyer” a bad fit.

people saying get rid of phillips, i can personally see him playing our inverted rb position, i can actually see it happening next season, and i think he would do a good job
If he is left footed then yeah, i think your on to something. Bellingham, Gvardiol and Mac allister. Convert Phillips to lb (what’s a lb?).

Edit: seems like he’s right-footed.

Rice is a CDM. Rodri is a CDM. Kalvin Phillips is a back up CDM for Rodri. Don't need 3 CDM's. And Pep never uses 2 CDM's at the same time. I think the CDM position is in good hands. What is required is an understudy for De Bruyne and Gundogan, as they are not getting any younger. I'm not saying Odegaard, but someone like him would be perfect for City. I've actually got a suspicion that Grealish might end up more central in the future. A left back is still the priority, though.
Rice is also a B2B CM in a midifled pivot with Soucek 99% of the time with West Ham

Rodri has shown an ability to score and pick a pass, between the two they could alternate who stays and who goes like what worked so well with Rice/Phillips at the Euros

Also allows us to play a #8 or #10 who has less of a defensive Burden as we'd have more security with Rice/Rodri, don't think Foden is a CM but he could be allowed more freedom as a #10.....because lets face it Kev is into his 30s now and the way he plays we'd struggle to find anyone with his skillset (similarly how we've never replaced Dave)....sometime you have to evolve not replace

As I said, think Bellingham is more the need but Rice will excel wherever he goes and he'd be a huge asset for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.