Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play a defensive 3 with 2 in front where one drops in transition or when the oppo have the ball, Pep would have these guys to choose from.

Ruben, Johnny, Akanji, Nathan, Kyle, Rice, Rodders with Johnny or Rice stepping up with Rodders. That's one hell of a solid and mobile unit.

Thinking it through we'd then have 5 places to fill in front. Kev, Bernie, Phil, Jack, Jules, Erling and that's before we include Riyad or Gundo in the mix or even a new technical mid or winger. We'd run riot.

I'm in. If Bude Jellingham wants elsewhere go get the Rice man Txiki.

I think he is capable of playing as an 8, we just havent seen it yet as it hasn’t been allowed at West Ham and England
Totally agree with this. I wouldn't expect most fans to agree because he's currently playing for quite limited managers like Moyes and Southgate, but I bet Pep sees him as a player he can mould into being more effective going forward. Would be a great signing for us but also an excellent move for the lad if he wants to work with a manager who will develop his obvious potential.

But how do we know if he hasn’t been given the chance.

Even while playing as a 6 I wouldn’t say he’s as limited as some think at going forward
He’s basically been playing consistently for West Ham United since 2017-2018, so they’ve had six seasons to figure out his best position, and that would evidently be defensive midfield. I’m not saying he’s limited (I saw more merit in going for him last summer rather than Philipps),but I just don’t see us going for him now, not unless Philipps can be convinced to go as a makeweight. However, we’d arguably still be a player short if Gundogan decided to go elsewhere,

How many times have we heard, we don't want to run rodders into the ground, an injury to him and we're goosed.

Rice would be the perfect fit to rotate with rodders, learn the ropes, and completely shut down the opposition if the need arises. Very versatile player. We play 60+ games every season and challenge for practically every trophy. We need quality in depth. Rice stands out a mile every time I've seen him play.

Great business if we could bag him for 40-60m with kalvin going the other way and we'd have loads left over to strengthen elsewhere.
Never trust a man who speaks in the 3rd person.

Phillips will get his chance next season.
K1YP.gif

Not in our shirt, he's done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.