Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean Newcastle away was a pretty big game. He has hid against us, but most players do. But there is also no doubt he is a top top player for his age with bags of talent
it seems he can only turn up when the pressure is off his team.

no one really expected them to go win at newcastle.

He scored a scruffy goal I thought the keeper should have saved?

Aside from that, in their games against us, he has looked like a little boy lost.
I did say against us he hid. But, he was good at Newcastle and I think he is a top player- his numbers would suggest so and I’ve been impressed most times I’ve watched him.

He should be a member of the NUF because he has been fire fighting all over the pitch, for most of his time at WHU. With that role, you very rarely get chance to show your best or develop.

I must say he doesn't seem a natural fit for us, but you never know with Pep. If he did come - Pepe would bring more out of him and he would be playing with better players in a better system.

Imho, he stays in London. He would be crazy to sign for Chelsea, especially if his mate is off, so Arsenal would seem favourite - if they have the money or will to spend it.

They still could have met Brighton's valuation seeing Caicedo had written Brighton a Goodbye message.
thats precisely the point, the player wanted to join and but for the price he wouldve joined. rice would cost more than caicedo hence it was not an option for them in jan (not to mention hes their captain, doubt hell leave mid-season)

I'm on the fence with Rice. Until recently I've always thought he was a centre back playing in midfield & he'd end up playing further back for us. Now it's clear he'd play the Gundogan/Silva role when they play next to Rodri. But then Stones has almost invented a new role alongside him.

I much prefer MacAllister. He looks like a City player through and through

I'm on the fence with Rice. Until recently I've always thought he was a centre back playing in midfield & he'd end up playing further back for us. Now it's clear he'd play the Gundogan/Silva role when they play next to Rodri. But then Stones has almost invented a new role alongside him.

I much prefer MacAllister. He looks like a City player through and through

Good player, but I hope we are not in for him.

If we bought him it would be to replace Gundogan as we are not buying an £80m valued reserve for Rodri.

We got it wrong with Phillips and I think he will be replaced, but there is better value out there than spending big money on a backup for Rodri. We could have had Enzo Fernandez for around £15m as an example last summer. We were linked frequently but we went with Phillips.

I would find it very strange for him to be a Gundogan replacement because for me he does not have anywhere near the level of control over a game as Ilkay does, and also has shown little in regards to being able to replace him for goals and assists or just an overall goal threat.

Title winning teams get plenty of goals from midfield, they don't just rely on their forwards. Leeds at home was a classic example of this last week.

If you look at the numbers you can see why we would be interested in someone like Bellingham to replace Gundogan, so surely if we can't get Jude, then a player of a similar attacking threat and control is what is needed. MacAllister for example.

Look at goals and assists for the last 3 seasons.

Gundogan - 34 goals, 11 assists

Bellingham - 23 goals, 25 assists

MacAllister - 20 goals, 8 assists

Rice - 11 goals, 9 assists

Look at those stats by Gundogan for the past 3 seasons, and that is from a player you wouldn't necessarily name off the top of your head as one of our key goal threats. Most would say Haaland, Alvarez, Foden, Mahrez, De Bruyne, even maybe Bernardo.

This is the level we have set in the past few seasons, where we are letting a midfielder who is for the most part in our best XI, but can be rotated, go on a free with those type of stats.

He will be difficult to replace, and I don't think Rice is the answer.

Could actually be up there as my preference as a midfield signing. Think he’s fantastic and would only improve under Pep.

Can’t really see the Rice thing. We know Pep will always want a player with pausa in at least one of the 8/10 roles which has for most if his time here been alongside a more dynamic KDB. Not convinced Rice has Pausa in the same way a Gundo, Bernardo or Kovacic (linked) do and imo Rice isn’t creative enough to be the other dynamic 8/10.

Also, no chance he’s being signed at North of 85m to sit on the bench / rotate and hopefully Rodri’s not off anywhere any time soon so the first choice no. 6 is boxed. So really can’t see Rice here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.