Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Declan rice has really improved in the last 2 seasons, he gets about the pitch really well, him and Rodri can keep almost every team at bay. He’s played in a really average team. He wouldn’t be a bench warmer at city…

I agree, he won't be a bench warmer and he'd play a lot more games thank some may think.

I said it earlier in this thread. Pick 3 starters from of Ruben, Johnny, Ake, Akanji, Kyle and maybe Eric or his replacement if he leaves. We can then have Rodders and Rice in front with Rice doing the Johnny role and slotting into the backline when defending. No loss of quality and more options to rotate in a 60+ game season.

The bonus is that we can then pick 5 attack minded players rather than the 4 we deploy now (3 across the pitch with Erl up top). Imagine that for a minute.

thats precisely the point, the player wanted to join and but for the price he wouldve joined. rice would cost more than caicedo hence it was not an option for them in jan (not to mention hes their captain, doubt hell leave mid-season)
Arsenal still needlessly tapped up a player mid season when their supposed target would be available in the summer.

Last edited:
We wouldn’t be letting Bernardo go for nothing next season, but perhaps a lowers 25/30 million.

He has 2 years left this summer.
That is a bonus if he has one year left after next season. No reason to cash in on him this summer.

Pretty sure we are going to sign Rice for a few reasons:

- We want to offload Phillips, West Ham have interest and will need a replacement.

- As a person he seems a good fit, think he will really be close to the group of Grealish, Haaland and Foden.

- His versatility, can see him playing the role Stones has, CB and Rodri back up.

- We won’t him to go to a competitor.

65mill + Phillips is fair value in my opinion. I also don’t think he is the Gundo replacement.

I agree, he won't be a bench warmer and he'd play a lot more games thank some may think.

I said it earlier in this thread. Pick 3 starters from of Ruben, Johnny, Ake, Akanji, Kyle and maybe Eric or his replacement if he leaves. We can then have Rodders and Rice in front with Rice doing the Johnny role and slotting into the backline when defending. No loss of quality and more options to rotate in a 60+ game season.

The bonus is that we can then pick 5 attack minded players rather than the 4 we deploy now (3 across the pitch with Erl up top). Imagine that for a minute.
You say imagine that for a minute, like it’s some wild scenario we need to envisage… except the only difference is, we now have Rice?! Is he replacing Gundo, or Kev or Bernardo? Any of those and it’s a severe drop… imagine that for a minute!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.