Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
His position is absolutely a position of need. Gundo and Silva fill that ole some now, and apparently Stones. None of them are pure defensive pivots like Rodri, who may be the most important player on our team. And his valuation is probably 20-25% too high, but we made it up on Haaland and the Coutinho money, so we are good.

Ran around like a headless chicken recently at the Etihad.
He didn't dress for the match at the Etihad. He was ill/rested for Man U and Europa Conference games in which he excelled, especially against ManUre...

Good player, but I hope we are not in for him.

If we bought him it would be to replace Gundogan as we are not buying an £80m valued reserve for Rodri.

We got it wrong with Phillips and I think he will be replaced, but there is better value out there than spending big money on a backup for Rodri. We could have had Enzo Fernandez for around £15m as an example last summer. We were linked frequently but we went with Phillips.

I would find it very strange for him to be a Gundogan replacement because for me he does not have anywhere near the level of control over a game as Ilkay does, and also has shown little in regards to being able to replace him for goals and assists or just an overall goal threat.

Title winning teams get plenty of goals from midfield, they don't just rely on their forwards. Leeds at home was a classic example of this last week.

If you look at the numbers you can see why we would be interested in someone like Bellingham to replace Gundogan, so surely if we can't get Jude, then a player of a similar attacking threat and control is what is needed. MacAllister for example.

Look at goals and assists for the last 3 seasons.

Gundogan - 34 goals, 11 assists

Bellingham - 23 goals, 25 assists

MacAllister - 20 goals, 8 assists

Rice - 11 goals, 9 assists

Look at those stats by Gundogan for the past 3 seasons, and that is from a player you wouldn't necessarily name off the top of your head as one of our key goal threats. Most would say Haaland, Alvarez, Foden, Mahrez, De Bruyne, even maybe Bernardo.

This is the level we have set in the past few seasons, where we are letting a midfielder who is for the most part in our best XI, but can be rotated, go on a free with those type of stats.

He will be difficult to replace, and I don't think Rice is the answer.
A bit misleading. Most of Mac Allister's goals are PKs. He looks a terrible finisher & never decent 10. He looks best as a hard working, holding CM.

Last edited:
He didn't dress for the match at the Etihad. He was ill/rested for Man U and Europa Conference games in which he excelled, especially against ManUre...

Think TH meant Odegaard mate. Who, to be fair, bossed the NLD away but that’s the only big game that stands out really to me.

Still a brilliant player, though.

47807866-4942-4B85-BE9B-5367453F5527.jpeg

Apparently this guy is a bit of an ITK for West Ham. He said about rice, soucek, the centre half not playing against us like 3 days before. Don’t know how reliable, but interesting none the less

View attachment 78948

Apparently this guy is a bit of an ITK for West Ham. He said about rice, soucek, the centre half not playing against us like 3 days before. Don’t know how reliable, but interesting none the less
I like the idea , but this isn't an opening bid, surely. More like take it or leave it, that's a brilliant piece of business for West Ham. I was hoping for 50+Kalvin, 60 max, but the club knows best anyway.

Declan rice has really improved in the last 2 seasons, he gets about the pitch really well, him and Rodri can keep almost every team at bay. He’s played in a really average team. He wouldn’t be a bench warmer at city…

View attachment 78948

How would the West Ham end know what City are going to open a bid with?
Looks like they are trying to up the price for arsenal to me
Also £70m plus Phillips is a value in excess of £100m…..some opening bid that

How would the West Ham end know what City are going to open a bid with?
Looks like they are trying to up the price for arsenal to me
Also £70m plus Phillips is a value in excess of £100m…..some opening bid that

We've probably told their board what we would pay for Rice and that info has got out to this source, who's apparently got links to the west ham board. West ham value Rice at 120 mil according to the rest of the Info out there so Kalvin plus 70 mil makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.