Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
You look at some players and think 'why the feck did you move there?'

If him and his agent look at Chelsea, you have to see, no visible plan, no established team, a incoming manger who has a track record of winning feck all (I don't include France obv) and an owner who doesn't appear to 'get' English football.

If Arsenal are the alterative (the only London alterative) then he gets to play with an up and coming team with 4/5 outstanding prospects, a manager who will only get better and knows how to win.

I think there is more to be had from Rice (development) and Chelsea feels more like WHU than Arsenal. But if he's a boyhood Chelsea fan, then all bets are off.

You think rice is worth that to your club? He might take a season to step up a level too. I get that the 6 is an area you need to strengthen but 90m... Rodri and phillips combined cost that!

And you paid 100m for Grealish. We paid half that sum for all of Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard and Trossard.

You paid 100m for Grealish because it was required. If it costs us 90-100m to get Rice, so be it

I would love to know how the hell Chelsea could afford to sign him and stay within FFP rules.
easily as loong as they shift all the guys that came through the accademy in the next 2/3 years.

Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Gallagher, Maatsen, Broja, Colwill, Amapdu etc all pure profit and then you have the deadwood they will prob take a loss on Ziyech, Pulasic, Lukakui

And you paid 100m for Grealish. We paid half that sum for all of Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard and Trossard.

You paid 100m for Grealish because it was required. If it costs us 90-100m to get Rice, so be it

Based on how the above 4 performed at the Etihad a few weeks back - Jack was a bargain.

Maybe you're right but I just wouldn't rule out him returning to Chelsea. They pipped you for Mudryk and they might just do the same for Rice. Always find it pays not to be too invested in one player, as it can make a window doubly disappointing if you fail to land them.

I think that's why Arsenal will go in hard and in early. The reports are Chelsea have potential issues with FFP, and have to actually sell players before the end of June to help with that. So forking out another £90M+ before then would be more prohibitive (although it's Boehly's Chelsea we are talking about here). Arsenal will be wary of Chelsea after the Mudryk thing so i think that will be their prime transfer to try & get done early.

Now, actually agreeing a fee & completing the deal... that's another issue. I could see Arsenal having a valuation, West Ham having theirs, and it potentially dragging a bit which might create that window of opportunity for Chelsea, so this is where i agree with you there. Wonder if there's any players like Balogun that would be of interest to West Ham to help sweeten a deal? Saying that, guys like Gallagher from Chelsea could be of interest to West Ham as well.

I would love to know how the hell Chelsea could afford to sign him and stay within FFP rules.

They sell a few home grown players and let a few go before 30th of June they may just be able to spend a decent wedge! All home grown players sold that all that money into there accounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.