=200m spent - younger squad players and cancelo
total spend 150m/170m

.im a KFA

bellingham
rice
gvardiol
left winger

you heard it here first.
I like it. Xavi Simmons appears to be our choice for a left-winger. The key is to get Bellingham, though.

If Arteta and Edu fail to close this deal serious questions will be asked. The bookmakers have us raging favourites to sign him. Rice is a London lad and by all accounts has little interest in moving outside the M25. As for being able to afford him. We bid something like 85m for Mudryk and Saka's new deal is close to 300k a week. Ever since the full takeover in 2019 by the Kroenke's we have been spending money. You woulnt have noticed because we dropped the ball big time with Pepe, and spent big on Ozil and PEA contracts. But lately we have been splashing the cash and making it count. I think we will have another big window, aided by sales of Tierney, Balogun, and perhaps even Smith-Rowe, of which we will raise close to 100m from those three.

This is a signing we need to make. And its there for the taking to
Suspect you might be pipped to Rice by Chelsea, though that could be a transfer saga that rumbles on for some time. I'm not sure who is going to buy Tierney. His situation is an odd one, as your club values him highly financially but not highly enough to make him your actual left-back. That automatically puts you in a weaker position when trying to move him on.

Suspect you might be pipped to Rice by Chelsea, though that could be a transfer saga that rumbles on for some time. I'm not sure who is going to buy Tierney. His situation is an odd one, as your club values him highly financially but not highly enough to make him your actual left-back. That automatically puts you in a weaker position when trying to move him on.

Agreed! Can see Poch demanding Rice and Todd just paying what the hammers want! lol

Its a possibility. But bookmakers are not into charity, some of them are offering Chelsea 10 to 1 odds to sign Rice. You cant even get even money on Rice to Arsenal. David Ornstein (top journo - no speculation) has reported Arsenal are willing to go to 90m to sign Rice and offer wages including bonuses of 300k a week. To me, it has the Jesus to Arsenal feel. There was a sense very early on that Jesus to Arsenal was going to happen. Im feeling that with Rice to Arsenal.

Its a possibility. But bookmakers are not into charity, some of them are offering Chelsea 10 to 1 odds to sign Rice. You cant even get even money on Rice to Arsenal. David Ornstein (top journo - no speculation) has reported Arsenal are willing to go to 90m to sign Rice and offer wages including bonuses of 300k a week. To me, it has the Jesus to Arsenal feel. There was a sense very early on that Jesus to Arsenal was going to happen. Im feeling that with Rice to Arsenal.
Maybe you're right but I just wouldn't rule out him returning to Chelsea. They pipped you for Mudryk and they might just do the same for Rice. Always find it pays not to be too invested in one player, as it can make a window doubly disappointing if you fail to land them.

Maybe you're right but I just wouldn't rule out him returning to Chelsea. They pipped you for Mudryk and they might just do the same for Rice. Always find it pays not to be too invested in one player, as it can make a window doubly disappointing if you fail to land them.
After what happened in the run in, and combined with Arteta's desire to level up. There will be no half measure chasing Rice. Would fit in this team like a glove and between he and Odegaard, the dynamic and balance they would offer in our midfield can take us to the next level.

foden will cover bernardos sale +60m
bellingham will cover gundos exit -100
gvardiol will cover laportes sale - 40m
plus a left attacking midfielder --50m
rice will cover phillips departure -70m
=200m spent - younger squad players and cancelo
total spend 150m/170m

.im a KFA

bellingham
rice
gvardiol
left winger

you heard it here first.
In todays episode of fantasy land….

You think rice is worth that to your club? He might take a season to step up a level too. I get that the 6 is an area you need to strengthen but 90m... Rodri and phillips combined cost that!

You think rice is worth that to your club? He might take a season to step up a level too. I get that the 6 is an area you need to strengthen but 90m... Rodri and phillips combined cost that!
Unless he has a specific price set in his contract, or a preferred destination in mind, then I’d be actually surprised if he doesn’t go for more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.