Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones Dias Gvardiol
Rice Rodri

That back 5 would never give the ball away.

Ederson

Stones
Dias
Gvardiol

Rice
Rodri

Foden
KDB

Mahrez (or another RW if replaced).
Haaland
Grealish

Scary man.

They have Chelsea to hate now with all their shady fucking sales to Saudi to balance the books.

No fucking way those deals aren't "related party" transactions.
Its madness isnt it, kind of takes some of the glare away from us though. Just seen on the bernardo thread a rumor that he could join barca on loan once he's signed for the Saudi side. Its bonkers if that starts happening.

Walker--------Stones---------Dias-------(Gvardiol)
(Lewis)-------(Dias)-------(Gvardiol)-----(Ake)
(Stones)------(Akanji)-------(Ake)-------(Gomez)
(Akanji)----------------------------------------------
-----------Rice------------------------Rodri-----
----------(Stones)------------------------------
----------(Lewis)---------------------(Phillips)

It's about having loads of options all over. We thought 5 CB was too many but they all got plenty of minutes.
Most of these can replace one another as well, for example, Akanji can play anywhere across the back 4. I bet Pep will make Rice extremely versatile as well.

I was too lazy to put it like that, but this is pretty much spot on.

Who does he replace in the current system? It's Stones or Rodri.

You tell me because I find it baffling.

Stones started only 21 league games last season, and last season was one of his best in terms of fitness and availability. Also, he's a CB. He was fantastic in his hybrid role in the 2nd half of last season, but Rice is potentially even better at it due to his stamina and ball carrying ability.

We are likely to play 60+ games next season. Rice can start over 40 games, given injuries, fatigue, rotation, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.