Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are alternate points of view. Rice could go to Arsenal and instantly be part of the spine along with Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba (all of which are under 24). Rice could come to Arsenal and instantly be part of the core as a place will be made for him in his preferred position. We are investing beyond Rice and keeping our players. Arteta is a young manager in the infancy of his Arsenal tenure and is likely to stay for a long time. If Rice joined Man City and signed a 5 year deal, who will be his manager in years 3-4-5? Pep is winding down at City and has likely signed his last contract. There is also a cloud that looms over Man City that could become a storm. Plus there is the London factor and home comfort.

Not every road points to Man City.
Nope you are right.

The best manager in history with a proven track record of improving every player he coaches;

The best team in the country by a mile, the best in Europe by a lesser margin;

Winning trophies as a matter of course;

These roads lead to Manchester City.

A team who bottles it;

A manager who loses the plot too easily and has never won the league;

These roads lead to arsenal

I love it when arsenal fans come in here and try and convince themselves of stuff

I reckon Declan will know whether he wants the local road within London or the golden road to City

Could have something to do with the way West Ham play?
Sure but there's more than enough of a sample size there to give you a good indication... Also, look at him with England even when they're dominating inferior competition. I can't recall him ever getting involved in the final third looking likely to score or assist. I'm aware that's not what Waistcoast is asking of him but when you're living in the opposition's final third, you'd expect an opportunity to arise sooner or later that he would take advantage of.

Though I think some are misunderstanding me. I'd love Rice here but I just think it's such an odd potential replacement for Gundogan of all players who was so dangerous in/around the box. He's much more of a DCM than a box-to-box midfielder, in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.