Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a good look on Edu though as then he gets a reputation of a guy that can't close out deals for Artetas number 1 targets.

With Xhaka and Partey potentially leaving, we are woefully short of experience and leaders. In my opinion Rice should be 1 of the pillars of Artetas team, a future captain and leader.

So you sort out your pillars first, and then add your Havertz or the like after that.

Everyone misses out on players, it's disappointing but you get over it quick. Vlahovic, Mudryk, Martinez etc. But I just get the feeling that this one is different, it really could define Artetas era in my opinion.
Calm down mate. Losing players happen. Don't know why folks get so worked up about it.

I personally think Rice is good, but I'd rather have Szoboszlai personally. There are other good players. Just scout and attack your needs.

There are alternate points of view. Rice could go to Arsenal and instantly be part of the spine along with Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba (all of which are under 24). Rice could come to Arsenal and instantly be part of the core as a place will be made for him in his preferred position. We are investing beyond Rice and keeping our players. Arteta is a young manager in the infancy of his Arsenal tenure and is likely to stay for a long time. If Rice joined Man City and signed a 5 year deal, who will be his manager in years 3-4-5? Pep is winding down at City and has likely signed his last contract. There is also a cloud that looms over Man City that could become a storm. Plus there is the London factor and home comfort.

Not every road points to Man City.
You know something mate , fair fucks for blowing Arsenals trumpet , but mate , you’re not as desirable as you think you are , firstly I’d point out to you that City are treble winners , and have been this country’s most successful side for a decade or more. Secondly, I’d also point out that City are a bigger club than you think (I’ll point you to first division average attendances in the 70’s to prove the point ) Yes , you’ve won more league titles than City historically, City were grossly mismanaged from the 80’s onwards - upto the point of the takeover a full 15 years ago. Whether you like it or not , City are now a bigger club than Arsenal and that’s a fact , both in revenue , and in the eyes of every single kid growing up in this country and worldwide. Trouble is with your fanbase , which is the most fickle and mard arsed in this country is that you think you can hitch up your skirt and Rice will come running - and the fact you actually thought Gundogan would join you instead of re signing for City proves the point. If Rice wants to win serious silverware, then he would walk up the M6 to play for City. If being near mummy and daddy because his girlfriend is pregnant means he will choose you over City actually shows you his true colours , we get it - you are runners up , but I’ll wager that you’ll struggle for top four this season. Enjoy our players that became surplus to this club - we sold them for a reason , and the treble proves it.

Last edited:
well we know that, even if u cost 100m, if you dont kick off, you are on the bench until it clicks... And my god have it clicked with Jack. It takes time to get into the system-
True. But I do think he'll be a regular. He's been firefighting at WHU for so long, out wide especially. I do think Pep sees something else in him that he can bring out. He got a shot on him and a clever little pass, he's just never far enough forward to use it.
You know of course, Malcom would have bid 250 and sold Rodri,don't you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.