Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a really interesting deal this one.

I rate him as I did Grealish as in I have always considered him to be there best player, when other clubs where linked thought would be a good signing.

Whereas for us I’m unsure, Grealish first season didn’t surprise me and neither his second season (as I was never sure either way if he could make the step up). Now I think he has proved his place and obviously great entertainment as a squad member.

I can see us winning the race, I’m sure our bid will be overhyped, we have probably had to beat Arsenal’s but not by much and I don’t think we need to worry about counter offers.

West Ham will have a price and I imagine it is one is and Arsenal will meet, also think wages will end about similar. It is more who he wants to be with.

Various talk he wants to stay in London (which again is fine, if that is his priority then not for us).

However, if he wants trophies then he chooses us. This is what I expect.

Seems genuinely a nice lad, who imagine will work hard. Think Pep will enjoy coaching him.

Anyone else a little unsure as to how he fits in as a Gundogan replacement? Missing out on Bellingham was a big blow obviously, was ready made. Just trying to work out how Rice slots in, he's more of a Rodri type with the ability to play a little box to box.
Rodri is a regista, Rice is a box 2 box DM with limited passing ability in comparison. I hope this falls through and we go for either Nunes/Szoboszlai.

Hypothetically he gets sold on being a regular starter for arsenal and a shoo-in for captain in the near future, for a team on the up, that pushed us for the league this year, who only want to improve and him signing adds to that (plus a bonus of not having to leave London)…. Whereas he may not get the same guarantees from us, regarding guaranteed starts etc.

I’m just playing devils advocate, but it’s not as straight forward as you put it. It’s not, choose City or you haven’t the mental fortitude and will to win etc.
I don’t buy into the London Manchester thing because this screams weak mentality.

If he does not want join treble winners then he is not on our wavelength. Comes downs to ambition if it’s about London to Manchester is not even issue to think about when we have Rodri, Dias and KDB for example left their country. KDB left home at 14 down to hunger tbh.

I agree. But when he’s been on record as saying a footballer’s career is short and he wants to be winning trophies rather than looking back without any, where is he best going - us or Arsenal?

Arsenal are progressing, sure, but do you want to take that risk? Spurs were progressing under Poch then look what happened.

It might sound simplistic but that’s essentially what it boils down to. Personal success.
Also, if it were that simple, we wouldn’t have talk of so many players leaving us… it’s hard work under Pep and the pressure it comes with. It’s a squad game more so than it is at other teams. Nobody is guaranteed a start. (Rice possibly also thinking nobody displaces Rodri)… just a few factors from what is probably many. So it is not, City have won the most recently and so why would you choose anyone else - that kind of thinking is pretty raggish tbh!

Who is that Blue Tone on Twitter?
Gets team new right 30 minutes before officially announced, but he changes his mind on transfers by the minute.

Is he chancer or ITK????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.