Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Philips in on our little plan? Will he tow the line?

I think the Phillips thing is entirely up to Pep.

If he sits him down and says he's not going to play, and he needs to before Euro 24, I would imagine Phillips would listen.

But always worth remembering Pep went out and got Phillips himself, and it might not be easy for el jefe to admit to himself he got it wrong.

Anyone else a little unsure as to how he fits in as a Gundogan replacement? Missing out on Bellingham was a big blow obviously, was ready made. Just trying to work out how Rice slots in, he's more of a Rodri type with the ability to play a little box to box.

I think Rodri is the one who will be given license to roam and go box to box. He played much higher next to Partey at Atletico and remember when he first arrived one of his problems was getting caught too high up the pitch - he loves going forwards.

Rice seems to be a decent number 6......surely phillips will see him come in and despite his comments a few days ago think his chances are going to be very very limited.

Maybe Pep thinks he can turn Rice into a more attacking player as this for me is where his limitation in...great defensively but not much going forward......losing Ilky and Bernardo would therefore still need addressing unless Pep thinks he can do something with Rice (and Foden moving more centrally perhaps?)

I understand that on social media everyone wants to be ‘first’ at breaking transfer news, and everyone is ITK or knows ‘someone’, but it is ridiculous how many contrasting reports come out during a transfer saga, so many saying ‘he’s Arsenal’s to lose’ ‘he wants to stay in London’ then others saying ‘City closing in on Rice’ I know we’ll never know the whole story, regardless of where he ends up, but would be interesting to see what his actual thoughts are during all of this. I suppose we’ll find out when he’s holding 1 of the teams shirts.

Hope it’s City

Would he want to leave London though?
Manchester isn't great in parts.
and parts of london are like robocop era detroit and your point is? ridiculous comment the lad won’t be living on the broadwater farm estate if he moves to arsenal or living in the equivalent if he moves up to sunny Manchester so it’s a wholly nonsensical statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.