Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure he'd get 30/40 games. Rodri would, leaving about 20 for Rice, unless he played centre back. We just don't need to spend that kind of money in his position.

Some games they’ll play in the same game together and with us we always getting injuries. So game time be no problem.

Watching him slip on his arse then throw a snowball at the south stand as we were taking the piss out of him was funny. Made me warm to the lad.

He's a great player as well, just maybe not in the snow.

Not better than our current midfielders and makes no sense to bring him in whilst we have McAtee and Lavia desperate for game time.

Still don’t see the player some seem to rave about so much.
Still stick to my opinion I said on here months ago that he’s at his level. He wouldn’t improve us at all and he certainly isn’t anywhere near Rodri which I read on here a couple of time’s yesterday that he was.
He’s a good, solid, hardworking player. If he’s the best player at West Ham over the last 30 years as @BlueHammer85 claims then the bar must be set low.

He’d be the perfect replacement for Fernandinho without a doubt.He’s looked a lot more dynamic under Moyes playing more of a box to box role. That said, he’d be another £100M signing and we don’t really utilise that style of midfielder anymore. With Rodri having the holding role on lock, and being better, I’d rather we look at Bellingham who could more naturally replace KDB or Gundogan.

If he’s the best player at West Ham over the last 30 years as @BlueHammer85 claims then the bar must be set low.

when clubs are sniffing around for him around the 100 mill mark and he is a permanent first team player for England. I don't think it's much of a stretch to think he's one of our best players for a long long time.

when clubs are sniffing around for him around the 100 mill mark and he is a permanent first team player for England. I don't think it's much of a stretch to think he's one of our best players for a long long time.
Nobody is sniffing around him for the £100m mark. That may be the over inflated price you’ve put on his head but expect him to finish his career in claret and blue if that’s what you think you’ll get for him.
I don’t want you to misinterpret this as me not rating him, he’s obviously a very good player. I just don’t see this world class midfielder that others do. I see a player who’s at his level, a team fighting it out for top 4 on a regular basis.
His competition in an England shirt isn’t proof of him being exceptional either imo. We’ve got plenty of fantastic options in the attacking options, not so much in the defensive midfield. He’s the best of an average bunch so not surprised he’s getting picked.

Nobody is sniffing around him for the £100m mark. That may be the over inflated price you’ve put on his head but expect him to finish his career in claret and blue if that’s what you think you’ll get for him.
I don’t want you to misinterpret this as me not rating him, he’s obviously a very good player. I just don’t see this world class midfielder that others do. I see a player who’s at his level, a team fighting it out for top 4 on a regular basis.
His competition in an England shirt isn’t proof of him being exceptional either imo. We’ve got plenty of fantastic options in the attacking options, not so much in the defensive midfield. He’s the best of an average bunch so not surprised he’s getting picked.

well, Pep rates him anyway - Asked about the Hammers’ improvement under David Moyes, the City boss replied: “What I saw is the rhythm increased a lot on previous seasons. They have fantastic players like Declan Rice. I am a big admirer of him ''

well, Pep rates him anyway - Asked about the Hammers’ improvement under David Moyes, the City boss replied: “What I saw is the rhythm increased a lot on previous seasons. They have fantastic players like Declan Rice. I am a big admirer of him ''
I rate him. I’ve said I rate him on several occasions. Maybe just not as high as some others.
You can add him to a long list of players Pep has praised highly since becoming our manager.

He’d be the perfect replacement for Fernandinho without a doubt.He’s looked a lot more dynamic under Moyes playing more of a box to box role. That said, he’d be another £100M signing and we don’t really utilise that style of midfielder anymore. With Rodri having the holding role on lock, and being better, I’d rather we look at Bellingham who could more naturally replace KDB or Gundogan.
Couldn’t have put it better. More a Yaya type than Rodri but not as good as either. Have been impressed by his improvement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.