Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have spent plenty, since Arteta has been at Arsenal he has spent double what Pep has, but it doesn’t fit the big bad City narrative
They have but other than Pepe at £80 odd mill (haha) I can’t remember them going big for for a £100mill player previously, lots in the £30-60mill bracket

I'll let Jack fight his own battles, but Zinchenko has been doing all season what Klopp is only starting to do with Trent. Seems we want Timber from Ajax to give us an option to do likewise on the right hand side.

We still have some people on here who think Zinchenko is and was a good player.

Physically weak, no pace, so not a full back and not a wide attacker. He’s ok playing as a supplementary midfielder but never good enough to play as a proper 1st choice midfielder.
If you don’t realise that now you probably will before the end of next season.

He’s always at the scene of the accident. Check out recordings of your last few games.

My nickname for him was 4 o’clock because that’s where 85 to 90 percent of his passes went diagonally backwards to the left sided centre back.

Last edited:
We still have some people on here who think Zinchenko is and was a good player.

Physically weak, no pace, so not a full back and not a wide attacker. He’s ok playing as a supplementary midfielder but never good enough to play as a proper 1 choice midfielder.
If you don’t realise that now you probably will before the end of next season.

He’s always at the scene of the accident. Check out recordings of your last few games.

I actually think you are right to be honest, however, I see both him, and probably Jesus, not as the final answer but players that have been good enough to transition to the type of football Arteta wants us to play (whether you think he's copying Pep is another discussion).

So I think in a year or 2 like you say we'll need to move on from 1 if not both if we want to improve further.

This squad might have reached its Zenith. We’ll be having another rebuild and that POTENTIALLY could screw us over in the upcoming season. Is that the basis of your confidence, sorry hope? Do you think Liverpool will be that bad again? Newcastle could push on? Pochettino could stumble across a formula across those 40 odd players? United will continue to get PGMOL help to finish in the top 4. Arteta could go to PSG. Arteta could stay but Arsenal are a one season wonder.

I’m glad I’m not confident like you. How do you handle the crushing disappointment?

I‘m not confident at all about the coming season. It depends upon a good transfer window and young players maintaining their form. Even then, it’s difficult to see us matching City for squad strength in depth, essential if you’re to challenge for the title. However, my main point in this thread is that Arsenal despite the dismissiveness expressed by many posters on this thread, is not without its own attractions for Rice as I’ve already stated. The attractions of joining City are all too obvious but it doesn’t mean there aren’t any questions he’d want assurances on.

Such as:

1. Will my first season with City be as an understudy?
2. Some City players are ageing/going…can City maintain the excellence of the season just gone? Having been so successful, will the hunger still be there?
3. Will Pep step down in 2 years?
4. Will the PL make their FFP charges stick and if so, what are the repercussions likely to be?
5. Would I prefer to stay in London?

I‘ve no idea what the answers to those questions will be but at age 24, Rice is on the verge of committing himself to a contract likely to define his career.

As for the coming season, my only hope is we maintain our challenge for the title and secure top 4 again. Winning the title is an aspiration but realistically is unlikely.

Lastly, I’m too old and cynical to be crushed by disappointment…being a football fan means hoping for the best whilst expecting the worst. As much as I want Arsenal to succeed, there are more important things in life and in that regard I’m grateful to be fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.